Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12846
View in linear mode

Subject: "why skunks/illuminas didn't work" Previous topic | Next topic
ClayOct-19-02 06:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12846, "why skunks/illuminas didn't work"

didn't drop my car 1 bit.

the perch wasn't adjustable, so even the lowest setting on the coilover sleeve didn't lower it.

when i broke 8 wheel studs

95 GST | So-Cal

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, Teamicjeclipse, Oct-19-02 08:51 AM, #1
RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, fasterGS, Oct-19-02 03:46 PM, #2
      RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, BuckNutty, Oct-19-02 03:59 PM, #3
           RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, Teameclipse804, Oct-19-02 04:23 PM, #4
                RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, BuckNutty, Oct-19-02 05:59 PM, #5
                     RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, Clay, Oct-20-02 03:31 AM, #6
                          RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, 420aVenger, Oct-21-02 12:42 PM, #7
                               RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work, Clay, Oct-21-02 04:00 PM, #8

TeamicjeclipseOct-19-02 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12847, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 0

i got some generic coilovers that will work with the tokicos. They are only 4 inch springs, i liked them better then my skunks.

$90 shipped, let me know

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

fasterGSOct-19-02 03:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12848, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 1

You have to remove the perch.... don't ask how, I don't know.

BuckNuttyOct-19-02 03:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#12849, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 2

I used a hammer.....jus lightly tap the perch a few times and it should start to come off.

Teameclipse804Oct-19-02 04:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#12850, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 3

>I used a hammer.....jus lightly tap the perch a few times
>and it should start to come off.

That's true for the GR-2, but I don't think you can do that on the Illuminas or the AGX. Those have to be grinded down carefully as far as I know...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

BuckNuttyOct-19-02 05:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#12851, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 4

Good call on that.....i assumed they were all or mostly similar....Well hey, thats why you get paid the big bucks

ClayOct-20-02 03:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#12852, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 5

btw i'm dropped alrdy, just informing ppl visually b4 they make the same mistake i did. oh i wouldn't sugguest "cutting or grinding" the
perch off.

95 GST | So-Cal

420aVengerOct-21-02 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#12853, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 6

How'd you get the coilovers to work if you didn't cut or grind anything?

ClayOct-21-02 04:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#12854, "RE: why skunks/illuminas didn't work"
In response to Reply # 7

LoL they didn't "work", as in lowering the car. they sure were fun to drive in though. only a bit embrassing driving around higher than stock height.

95 GST | So-Cal

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12846 Previous topic | Next topic