Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12720
View in linear mode

Subject: "cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads" Previous topic | Next topic
woppishbobOct-14-02 12:44 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12720, "cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"

I need some new brakes...so I was looking into getting some slotted,dimpled rotors and decent pads...I remember seeing race concepts before for a decent price. Please if anyone has any links or any helpful hints I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, TeamDeanoD, Oct-14-02 01:54 PM, #1
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, Danny95ESI, Oct-16-02 02:36 AM, #2
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, woppishbob, Oct-18-02 05:10 AM, #3
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, mcgyvr, Oct-18-02 05:44 AM, #4
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, 98RsT, Oct-18-02 10:17 AM, #5
RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads, HadesOmega, Oct-20-02 06:36 PM, #6

TeamDeanoDOct-14-02 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12721, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 0

Keeping the stock size rotors and stock calipers, here is my advice. I have been through a long list of products and this is what works. If you want a gimmick, then disregard my post.

Go to tirerack.com and check out the brake section. Buy the Brembo Replacement rotors($44 each) and Hawk HP plus front pads($59 a set).

I think it costs approx. $25 for shipping. This is the best setup you can buy for the money. Completely flush your brake system with fresh fluid(Valvoline Dot3/4 synthetic or better) and your car will stop on a dime.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Danny95ESIOct-16-02 02:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#12722, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 1

The deal with raceconcepts, first introduced to us by Mygyvr, is a pair of slotted dimpled rotors fronts for $90 and rears for $80. They also have deals for brakelines and pads. Tell them about the ASOG group buy/discount.

http://www.raceconcepts.net/

email: sales@raceconcepts.net

The guy want to write/talk to is Wood (714) 547-3581

aem cai, gst muffler, 17 konig villains, magnecores, ard 57mm tb, eibach sportlines, tokico blues, ingalls cambers, tsi side skirts, Century-Graco "sports edition" baby seat ( minus 10 horses )

woppishbobOct-18-02 05:10 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
#12723, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 0

I talked to raceconcepts..does anyone here actually have their rotors??? If so how do you like them, should I go with their pbr performance pads as well?? THanks

mcgyvrOct-18-02 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#12724, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 3

Ive got them as well as MANY others, they are great quality and stop nice
You will hear a low buzzing noise though as with all cross drilled rotors, its the caliper buzzing over each cross drill

And yes either get their pads or do what I do
I get the crabon metallic ones from autozone for 50 bucks or so for the front pads and they have a lifetime warranty, when the pad is gone you get a new set for free (you do have to bring in the old ones though but its still free)

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

98RsTOct-18-02 10:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#12725, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 0

FOR PADS: Go to Kregen, or Checker, whatever one is near you, and get the ceramic pads by raybestos. They really help with drilled and/or sloted roters, phenominal stoping power. you can really feel a differnce in applied pedal pressure, and best of all: NO BRAKE DUST!!!!!! No more of your wheels looking rusty at the end of each week. they cost around 50 bucks for our application.... Limited Lifetime warranty (meaning; and i have done this, after 30,000 miles or so when they start to sqweek you take them off and get a new pair free).
i've tried alot of pads out on my 99 camaro ss, and these i like the best, so i used them on my 2gnt, and am loving them.

Edit: About the metalic lifetime pads. I have read alot of testing result on chevy sites, and the lifetime metallic pads are lifetime because they are made up of REALLY hard metal alloy. This wears your precious expensive rotors down quicker then normal pads. However the answer to our prayers is the ceramic ones. Not in the to distant future however, i believe the companies making the ceramic pads are going to pull the wear and tear part out of the ceramic pads warantee, because they do wear down quicker the the metal pads.... so get them while you can!
good luck
danny

-Danny

" We cannot appeal to the conscience of the world when our own conscience is asleep. " Carl von Ossiet

HadesOmegaOct-20-02 06:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#12726, "RE: cheapest place to find front performance rotors and pads"
In response to Reply # 5

Pads: Axxis Metal Master pads from RRE

Rotors: raceconcept or J-speed rotors from www.rsversion.com for like 70 bux a pair slotted and drilled.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12720 Previous topic | Next topic