Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12651
View in linear mode

Subject: "blew $743 today!" Previous topic | Next topic
97ESiOct-11-02 06:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12651, "blew $743 today!"

ordered a pair of the enkei rpm2's with yoko avs es100's. got the 17x8's simply because they didn't have the yoko's in the right size for the 17x7. ah well. woulda ordered the whole set, but my little bro is coming down for his 11th bday, so i needed to have cheese left over to make him think his big bro has tons of cash.

anyway, for those of you looking for lightweight wheels, these are probably the best all around bargain i've seen. they retail for $400 a corner, but discounttiredirect has them for $220 for 17x7 and $225 for 17x8. weight is 16 and 16.2 lbs respectively! can't beat that at all. nice forged wheels. don't ask me why discount tire is selling them so cheap!

http://www.enkei.com/wheels_closeup2.asp?id=6&fID=6

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=145WR7ES100

the wheels are replacing my 16x6 stockers and the current b'stone potenza re730's. they were nice tires, but damn they get loud as shit when they wear down. right rear is cupped now somehow.

no, i will not be ghetto rice and ride with one pair of nice wheels on the car. i will wait until i get the other ones next paycheck.

----

Have camera, will travel!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamMetalJimOct-11-02 10:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12652, "RE: blew $743 today!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice!

I need some new wheels. The 14's are fast, but they're not furious enough in the corners. }>

ride__________95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
power________Gude cams : AFX UDP : ram air : test pipe : Thrush glasspack
suspention___BOMZ F/R upper strut bars : ES inserts
sound________Kenwood KDC 5000 : Audiovox 8" sub toob - no sub amp(damnit!)
shizzle_______AutoCommand remote start : dual air horns
incomming___Hurricane F/R lower strut ties : Jeep TB : Field SFC Hyper-R

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
14.76 @ 94.72mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseOct-11-02 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#12653, "RE: blew $743 today!"
In response to Reply # 1

nice. i like the RSF2's. they look good on our car. i had a guy that could get me them in 18's for 400 total. i was gonna do it but i could never find a pic of what they looked like.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

discount_tyr420aOct-12-02 01:12 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#12654, "RE: blew $743 today!"
In response to Reply # 2

i know how they sell em so cheap...i work for discount tir and a very nice choise in tires...i have the parada spec-2 with is same tire compound. you'll have to try 55mph corners at 105 like m i got 18's though so its a lil different. and for the guy that has 14s...talk to me ill hook ya up on that RS

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

97ESiOct-12-02 02:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
227 posts,
#12655, "RE: blew $743 today!"
In response to Reply # 3

heh, give me your extension and i'll order the next pair from you so that you can get the commission.

oh yeah, i checked the fedex mail and this wheel & tire combo only weighs *** 41.85 lbs *** for TWO 17x8's and 215/40-17 tires. holy crap that's light!!! aren't my stock wheels (see pic) something like 23 lbs EACH w/o tire? any of you other talon owners weighed the stock 16's?

----

Have camera, will travel!

discount_tyr420aOct-13-02 05:12 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#12656, "RE: blew $743 today!"
In response to Reply # 4

i dont have an extention actually...i work in the discount tire stores themselves, and wheels are my specialty. but the factory wheels will be VERY noticibly heavier. just give me a buzz and ill do what i can to help.

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12651 Previous topic | Next topic