Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #126
View in linear mode

Subject: "Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSDec-05-00 04:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#126, "Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"

Hey Skrilla I remember you posting a while back about how you were going to get the RRE front lower tie bar put on. Did it fit? I ytalked to them Friday and they said they just tried it on a N/T customer's car and it didn't fit. Did you have any luck or are you sending it back? Curious, cause if it fit for you I'm going to have to order one.
Thanks man.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, John99RS, Dec-05-00 08:34 AM, #1
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, Skrilla, Dec-06-00 10:43 AM, #2
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-06-00 02:50 PM, #3
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, John99RS, Dec-08-00 05:58 AM, #6
RE: RRE Lower Bar, Moderatorjuan, Dec-07-00 05:35 PM, #4
      RE: RRE Lower Bar, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-08-00 04:14 AM, #5
      RE: RRE Lower Bar, Skrilla, Dec-08-00 05:35 PM, #7
           Hey Skrill., keeop me updated too please...=-), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-10-00 02:15 PM, #8
                Me 2 !!!, Will, Dec-10-00 03:27 PM, #9
                     RE: keep me updated..., phatGS, Dec-29-00 04:06 PM, #18
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-27-00 04:58 AM, #10
Count me in too., TeamDeanoD, Dec-27-00 06:08 AM, #11
      RE: Count me in too., Skrilla, Dec-27-00 12:02 PM, #12
           Hey Skrilla,, TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-28-00 07:25 AM, #13
           RE: Count me in too., TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-28-00 07:36 AM, #14
                ahh thanks man..., TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-28-00 07:47 AM, #15
                     RE: ahh thanks man..., TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-28-00 09:42 AM, #16
                          Skrilla!! I want one!!!, Armond30, Dec-28-00 01:12 PM, #17
                               RE: Skrilla!! I want one!!!, Skrilla, Dec-30-00 04:14 PM, #19
                                    RE: Skrilla!! I want one!!!, Armond30, Dec-30-00 04:24 PM, #20
RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Dec-31-00 08:23 AM, #21

John99RSDec-05-00 08:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#127, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

I was wanting to know the same thing Skrilla.....let us know!

John
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaDec-06-00 10:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

'Sup Guys!

Yeah I was the 2GNT that went there to see if it would work out. Unfortunately as you found it, it doesn't. Our suspensions are the same but they are "mirror reflections" of the turbos'. In the 4G-63T suspensions their tranny sits on the otherside along with some othe engine pieces. There are also 3 other 2GNA's down here that want them. Anyway they have some "...Rally racing going on this month and won't be able to custom make one until mid January" - Mike Welch. So He told me to contact him again in mid Jan. and he can custom make one from either steel or titanium. If you guys want one also then let me know and I can get them made at the same time or you can send him the money, or whatever. He said for them to make a prototype I'll need to leave me car for a day. "I'll take one for the Team" if you guys want in on it also but they aren't going to go into full production of them anytime soon so that ewill be the time to buy one. So save your pennies. They'll be between $90-$150. Email me so I can notify you when I go.

Seeya!

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamMichael_97RSDec-06-00 02:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#129, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 2

I just e-mailed you Skrilla count me in. Let me know when you are heading over there and how Mike wants to handle everything.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

John99RSDec-08-00 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#130, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey Skrilla, I'm with Michael and Juan too...would like to have one of these! Keep us posted. Thanks....

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

ModeratorjuanDec-07-00 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#131, "RE: RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 2

I tried to fit one on my car ages ago and it wouldn't go. It was very close though, no more than a half inch off. Keep me in the loop with this, Skrilla, I've been talking with Mike for quite a while about getting one made up for us. And an upper one that fits properly. Unfortunately HB is like an hour from where I live, so its hard to drop by and try to slot myself in...

The story I hear is that the front lower makes the most difference in handling, followed by the upper rear and then the upper front. Essentially the opposite order that everyone gets them in...

juan

TeamMichael_97RSDec-08-00 04:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#132, "RE: RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 4

I got the rear first followed... very shortly by the front and rear lower. All I know is that they improved the handling a lot more than I expected. The rear helped so much I wanted to get to rest so I order less than a week after I put it on. I can't wait for the front lower, and RM sway bars, when I have some money and get all the parts I need add a rear sway bar to my RS. Then NRG Suspension Bushings. (down the road) Of cours efront lower first then a set of 17" rims when the weather gets nicer. See what I want from their, more like what I can afford.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

SkrillaDec-08-00 05:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#133, "RE: RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 4

Sounds good every one I'll definitely tell you when I go in and their costs. It will be the middle of January. Good to see so many interested, this should help keep the costs down.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!

TeamJasonESi_TDec-10-00 02:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#134, "Hey Skrill., keeop me updated too please...=-)"
In response to Reply # 7

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

WillDec-10-00 03:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
#135, "Me 2 !!!"
In response to Reply # 8

Will
99 Black GS Sport

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

phatGSDec-29-00 04:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#136, "RE: keep me updated..."
In response to Reply # 9

Just keep me updated with this, sounds really good!

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

TeamMichael_97RSDec-27-00 04:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#137, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

Just moving this up on the list for Hoot.

Skrilla we may have one more for the list.

BTW Skrilla just out of curiousity how many people do we have on the list here?

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

TeamDeanoDDec-27-00 06:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#138, "Count me in too."
In response to Reply # 10

I thought he was going to get it made then let us know and we could do a group purchase. If roadrace is going make a limited number of them. Put my name on the list. Let us know how they want us to order. If they want prepaid orders, that would be fine with me.
DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

SkrillaDec-27-00 12:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#139, "RE: Count me in too."
In response to Reply # 11

Including everyone who posted here and some others there are 11 of us who want the Front Lower Strut bar. I like the way Wyatt handled the Turbo GB so I'll do what he did . When I go in there in like 3 weeks I'll be there all day and the next if need be and get each one custom made. Not like 1 being made and the rest copied, too much margine for error. Anyway I'll write out an email tonight and send to it to all the people who want to do this and who are serious. The payment and bar information will be in the email and how this whole thing is going to go down. Out of us 2GNTs there are eight of us and I have 3 friends who also want one. If you guys know anyone then let them know, the rest of you 2GNTs will get emails tonight

Later...
...and happy Corner Huntin

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

TeamJasonESi_TDec-28-00 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#140, "Hey Skrilla,"
In response to Reply # 12

Was I supposed to get an email last night? (I just don't want to be forgotten...heh )

Thanks man!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

TeamMichael_97RSDec-28-00 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#141, "RE: Count me in too."
In response to Reply # 12

I didn't get one either Jason.
I'm guessing that he got too busy and didnt get to it.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

TeamJasonESi_TDec-28-00 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#142, "ahh thanks man..."
In response to Reply # 14

I just wanted to be included!

(BTW Michael, I'm still here at work at 2:45pm and don't know whether I'll be able to go over to Indiana to get my mandrel bent exhaust tomorrow)

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX

TeamMichael_97RSDec-28-00 09:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#143, "RE: ahh thanks man..."
In response to Reply # 15

It's all right. Depending on weather I may be in northern Indiana to go to a funeral, so I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. Give me a call if you are going to head out there. We'll see if I'm around. Talk to you later.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

Armond30Dec-28-00 01:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#144, "Skrilla!! I want one!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

count me in. ANY suspension addition is a great addition in my opinion. What do I need to do to get one?

Have fun!

SkrillaDec-30-00 04:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#145, "RE: Skrilla!! I want one!!!"
In response to Reply # 17

Sup man,

I emailed ya...

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

Armond30Dec-30-00 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#146, "RE: Skrilla!! I want one!!!"
In response to Reply # 19

Sweet! I think I will have almost every suspeision modification in existance heheheheheh.

Have fun!

Moderatorsd_eclipseDec-31-00 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#147, "RE: Skrilla Question about RRE Lower Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

Count me in for one of these also. If they need a second car to proto with you can hit me up. RRE's shop is only about 45min-1hour away from where I live.
sd_eclipse@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #126 Previous topic | Next topic