Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12500
View in linear mode

Subject: "Did you get your ball joint recall done?" Previous topic | Next topic
ezOct-02-02 07:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12500, "Poll question: Did you get your ball joint recall done?"

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Just interested, ez, Oct-02-02 07:37 AM, #1
RE: Just interested, mcgyvr, Oct-02-02 07:58 AM, #2
RE: Just interested, Clay, Oct-02-02 08:24 AM, #3
      RE: Just interested, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Oct-02-02 08:54 AM, #4
           RE: Just interested, fauchpj, Oct-02-02 01:18 PM, #5
                RE: Just interested, My9t5Talon, Oct-02-02 01:35 PM, #6
                     RE: Just interested, HadesOmega, Oct-02-02 03:05 PM, #7
                          RE: Just interested, fasterGS, Oct-02-02 04:45 PM, #8
                               RE: Just interested, SonicYan, Oct-03-02 04:22 AM, #9
                                    RE: Just interested, a_miller_76, Oct-03-02 05:49 AM, #10
                                         RE: Just interested, nappyjim, Oct-03-02 11:14 AM, #11
RE: Just interested, KiN, Oct-06-02 06:18 AM, #12
RE: Just interested, theallpowerfulme, Oct-06-02 09:18 AM, #13
      RE: Just interested, vegasdsmr, Oct-06-02 10:41 AM, #14
           RE: Just interested, babybeclipse, Oct-08-02 04:41 AM, #15
RE: Just interested, ObieexESI, Oct-08-02 11:40 AM, #16
      RE: Just interested, Amish_Eclipse, Oct-08-02 11:45 AM, #17
           RE: Just interested, jerseystyle1, Oct-09-02 06:58 PM, #18

ezOct-02-02 07:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12501, "Just interested"
In response to Reply # 0

There's always a bunch of talk about this. Lately the talk has been making me a little scared. I took my car in regarding the recall, and they inspected everything and said all looked okay. They didn't replace anything. So I was like, okay, cool it's fine. Then for my trouble they gave me a coupon for $500 or $1000 off a new mitsu if I bought one this year. Anyways, now I hear that even if it looks okay, something might happen. True? Is this a problem with even the last year production model, b/c I have a 99.

hmmmm... I just don't wanna crash and die, that's all

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrOct-02-02 07:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#12502, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 1

I had the same thing happen, they inspected it and I thought good thats out of the way, then 1 month later, I got a crazy noise in the front and sure enough ball joints were about to break.

Tell them that your not happy with the resealing and that you want them replaced. the recall stays open till the part has been replaced.

If your dealer gives you a problem, call diamler/chrysler 1-800 number and tell them you are scared to be driving your car around now and they will call your dealer and set up an appointment for you.

DC will force your dealer to do the repair, and do what I did and ask for the old parts back, just to be sure that they actually did it

This is a serious recall that was handled really poorly by DC/mitsu
sealing them is not an option/ they must be replaced

there have been atleast 10 people on this board and asog whose wheels have just fallen off, luckily no one was on the highway or anything, thank god

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

ClayOct-02-02 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#12503, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 2

alhambra mitsu, checked everything out. told me everything seemed to be okay, but just to play it safe they replaced everything listed in the recall. btw i've had them preform the recall two times. first time was with my 95rs & second was with my 96gs. i'd def recommend them to take care of ya.

95 GST | So-Cal

Moderatorsd_eclipseOct-02-02 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#12504, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 3

Took mine into Carlsbad Mitsubishi. They said everything checked out ok but they still went ahead and replaced em. Mines a 99 also.

fauchpjOct-02-02 01:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#12505, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 4

they looked at mine and said it was ok. then they tried to sell me a new passenger control arm because mine was "dented" i was like errr nah.

now i get a funny noise in the drivers area when i back out. thinkin of takin it back

are they supposed to replace both sides?

My9t5TalonOct-02-02 01:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#12506, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 5

is there a way to find out if the recall was done on a car or not without taking into the dealer?...like a sticker or something?

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

HadesOmegaOct-02-02 03:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#12507, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 6

I recieved two recalls. One to have it inspected and one to have it straight up replaced. if you haven't had it replaced I would go get it done because I know a couple 2GNT peeps where the ball joint actually popped out on them and busted up the car and wheel. Doesn't sound fun to me.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

fasterGSOct-02-02 04:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12508, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 7

If you haven't had them replaced then go do so. Tell them to replace them.... that is what the recall states to do. Ive had it done twice also, when I had my 97 they just inspected and resealed. They told me they were fine, no movement and the car had 30,000 miles on it. When I bought my 99 with 19,000 miles on it I immediately took it to have it done and Satan told me my ball joints had quite a bit of play in them. So it doesn't take long once they start to go.

If you are in doubt then call Satan and ask them to check if it has been done. They will need your VIN number, and should be able to tell you if they were replaced or just resealed.

SonicYanOct-03-02 04:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12509, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 8

Yep, replaced mine too. Costa Mesa Mitsubishi.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

a_miller_76Oct-03-02 05:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#12510, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 9

I know the owner of our local Mitsu dealer...I went to the shop, mentioned his name and said he told me to come in whenever I want...they jumped right on my car, replaced everything, and had me done faster than shit...pays to workin advertising

nappyjimOct-03-02 11:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
8043 posts,
#12511, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 10

i got 2 recalls for the ball joints. the first recall i had them checked. the second one i skipped

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
home.comcast.net/~nappyjim/songs.html
home.comcast.net/~7291834avi/carputer/carputer.html
www.cardomain.com/id/napppyjim

*Proud Member of the Top Ten Post Whore Club*
*Proud And Co-Founding Member Of The Zoom Zoom Revolution*
nappyjim-3 Chip-0
No one likes you chip, go away.

KiNOct-06-02 06:18 AM
Member since Sep 06th 2002
103 posts,
#12512, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 1

I bought my car used at around 25k miles about 2 years ago from a Mitsubishi Dealership, now its up to 40k and I havnt got the recall done, is it possible that it was done already ? Is there somthing you can notice if it has not been done? Strange noise or somthing? I guess I better get on it and take it in.

theallpowerfulmeOct-06-02 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#12513, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 12

my car was bought in 2000 used from a mitsu dealer, and the recall wasn't done. If you suspect the recall has not been done call ur local mitsu dealer and give them your vin# they will tell you whether or not it has been done to your car, if it hasn't been done, GET IT DONE!!! don't have them inspect or reseal it, get both of them changed out and ask for your old parts back!

Lane Adams

"meet the new boss, same as the old boss" - Roger Daltry

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

vegasdsmrOct-06-02 10:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#12514, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 13

call your local satan w/your VIN# handy... they can check on their database if the recall has been done or not.. and they can also schedule u an appointment to get u in there, and fix what needs to be fixed (if you haven't done the recall yet)

go do it...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

babybeclipseOct-08-02 04:41 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12515, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 14

a MONTH after I bought the car I had a ball joint go out, three months later the other went out.

My friend (prevoius owner) told me he had them inspected and dealer (Biggers, Elgin IL) said they were OK. Those SOBs

I replaced the balljoints and limped back to the dealer to have them fix my CV boot. SOB's said my drop could have put extra stress on the balljoint and the recall wont cover it.

Well, to make a long story short. I took it up with Mitsu North America and they repayed me in full

ObieexESIOct-08-02 11:40 AM
Member since Apr 03rd 2002
109 posts,
#12516, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 1

If you got a Talon where could I get to get mine done? any Chrysler Satans? or could I bring it to Mitsu Satan also?

Amish_EclipseOct-08-02 11:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#12517, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 16

mitsu would be a better place to have your ball joints done because it's a mitsu part. your local chrysler place should do it as well.

alot of times they lift on the ball joints/control arms so the ball joint won't show as much play as it has. that's why often times they will apply sealant. they can cover their asses legally if they say they looked at it and sent the recall out.

get it done. it's free ball joints.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

jerseystyle1Oct-09-02 06:58 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#12518, "RE: Just interested"
In response to Reply # 17

Don't waste your time calling satan. Call Mitsubishi direct @ 1-800-222-0037 and they will tell you if the recall was done, just give them your vin. I called satan and they told me they would get back to me. Well 3 days later and still no call. Go figure!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12500 Previous topic | Next topic