Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12288
View in linear mode

Subject: "AGX vs Illuminas" Previous topic | Next topic
StickmanSep-20-02 04:25 AM
Member since Aug 23rd 2002
151 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12288, "AGX vs Illuminas"

I know this has been an ongoing question as to which one is better.Well I don't know either.I'm trying to decide which one would be better for coilovers.For racing and for comfort.I would apreciate any input that you guys have.

~Blake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AGX vs Illuminas, mcgyvr, Sep-20-02 08:24 AM, #1
RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Mannyyy, Sep-20-02 03:22 PM, #2
      RE: AGX vs Illuminas, skinny_one, Sep-20-02 03:43 PM, #3
      RE: AGX vs Illuminas, wikki1, Sep-20-02 08:41 PM, #4
           RE: AGX vs Illuminas, MotoFool, Sep-21-02 11:48 AM, #5
                RE: AGX vs Illuminas, 9D9 MITSU RS, Sep-24-02 12:26 PM, #6
                     RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Amish_Eclipse, Sep-24-02 12:49 PM, #7
                          RE: AGX vs Illuminas, The1Bill, Sep-24-02 07:12 PM, #8
                               RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Mishift, Sep-25-02 08:18 AM, #9
                                    RE: AGX vs Illuminas, jdpilot, Sep-25-02 10:46 AM, #10
                                         RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Stickman, Sep-25-02 12:42 PM, #11
                                              RE: AGX vs Illuminas, The1Bill, Sep-25-02 02:54 PM, #12
                                                   RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Z87RSMan, Sep-25-02 04:45 PM, #13
                                                        RE: AGX vs Illuminas, proDMD, Sep-25-02 07:03 PM, #14
                                                             RE: AGX vs Illuminas, Stickman, Sep-26-02 07:14 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: AGX vs Illuminas, pn0ymahal, Sep-27-02 03:03 AM, #16

mcgyvrSep-20-02 08:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12289, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 0

Koni yellows
only way to ride
lifetime warranty too

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MannyyySep-20-02 03:22 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#12290, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 1

^^Doesn't hacking away the perches void the warranty on the Yellows? It does on the Illuminas and AGX's.

I'd go with the Illuminas. I've heard stories that some front AGX's were actually manufactured an inch too long, which effectively removes an inch of suspension travel causing you to bottom out more frequently in a lowered car.

I personally have AGX's in the rear and Illuminas in the front and I am pretty satisfied with them.

-Manny

skinny_oneSep-20-02 03:43 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
#12291, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't have coilovers but I do have the illuminas. They rock. I keep them on the hardest setting. Car handles like a dream and the ride is acctually smooth.

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

wikki1Sep-20-02 08:41 PM
Member since Mar 10th 2002
15 posts,
#12292, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 2

I swear that the agx's were too long only on on 1g cars. (If memory serves)

MODS.
magnecor 10mm wires
short ram intake
OBX rear section
trickshift in the trans.
f & r OBX srut tower braces

(soon to come)
translab kit
stratus final drive
AFX UDP

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

MotoFoolSep-21-02 11:48 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#12293, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 4

what features do koni yellows have about the illumnas 5way adj?

and how many settings does the agx's have??

and anyone used "red suspension" products?

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

9D9 MITSU RSSep-24-02 12:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#12294, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 5

illuminas and yellows are similar. Except for the $1-200 price difference. I just got my illuminas. Gonna slap them on soon.

Amish_EclipseSep-24-02 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#12295, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 6

koni's are the best. if for nothing else than a lifetime warranty so be it. personally i like the koni's ride over the illuminas. koni's seem to ride better and still give more agressive handling than stock.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

The1BillSep-24-02 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#12296, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 7

Actually, the AGX shocks were designed for the Japanese Galant, which has a similar suspension, but with less travel. Hence the shock body is 1" longer, meaning that the rod is 1" shorter. This reults in a reduction in travel by... yup, one inch. Illuminas are good shocks, AGXs are good shocks, but Konis are great shocks. I think that the optimal setup is a nice beefy set of sway bars, 5 tie/strut tower bars, and a full body coilover.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

MishiftSep-25-02 08:18 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2002
30 posts,
#12297, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 8

So if i put AGX shocks on the front of my eclipse, am i going to gain ride height or just loose suspension travel? I hope it's nothing bad cause i just ordered mine last night.

jdpilotSep-25-02 10:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#12298, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 9

From my experience on this a year ago; Yes, you will sit a tad bit higher in the front and if you have anything lower than prokits, coliovers included, you will bounce like nobodys business. Konis are smooth!!! Awesome stuff!!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

StickmanSep-25-02 12:42 PM
151 posts,
#12299, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 10

So I guess I should change it to "AGX vs Illuminas vs Koni's".

~Blake

The1BillSep-25-02 02:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#12300, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 11

If that is the competetion, then I would hafta say Koni Yellow.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Z87RSManSep-25-02 04:45 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#12301, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 12

Yea, let's all pay about $300 more for the Koni's which are only slightly better than te Illumina shocks which I think are the best riding shocks I've ever been on and that says a lot. Go with the Illumina, ditch that KYB stuff they are barely better than stock.

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

proDMDSep-25-02 07:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#12302, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 13

with the prokit the AGX are fine..I must of said this 100X and I dont bounce at all up front and have a 2 finger gap all the way around. geeez! BTW I paid $200 for my AGX brand new thanks to deeze! and you paid how much for your illuminas?

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

StickmanSep-26-02 07:14 AM
151 posts,
#12303, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 14

Well I don't have any gap anywhere and right now I have GR2's on my car.After about two months of racing and driving around town.The ride is starting to get alot more bouncy than when I first got them.Last time I get the cheap shocks.

~Blake

pn0ymahalSep-27-02 03:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#12304, "RE: AGX vs Illuminas"
In response to Reply # 15

well i got the tokico adjust and they are great..

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12288 Previous topic | Next topic