Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12278
View in linear mode

Subject: "Coil Overs Vs. Lowering Springs" Previous topic | Next topic
Xraided_23Sep-18-02 05:03 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12278, "Coil Overs Vs. Lowering Springs"

I'm thinkin of lowering my Eclipse.. Which do you think is better for handling ?? Coilovers or lowering springs?? If so Can you tell me the difference between these two??

MARC
98' ECLIPSE GS
Iceman cold air intake
Skunk2 exhaust
DC sports exhaust manifold
3rd generation alteeza lights

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

1great98Sep-19-02 12:15 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2002
112 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12279, "RE: Coil Overs Vs. Lowering Springs"
In response to Reply # 0

Coil overs are adjustable and a little boucier while springs are non adjustable and usually create a better ride than coilovers.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JZA69Sep-19-02 03:51 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#12280, "RE: Coil Overs Vs. Lowering Springs"
In response to Reply # 1

are you talking about real coilovers? or the ones that just go on top of a regular shock body? Good, Real coilovers are the best because the shocks that they sit on have been modified with shorter shock bodies which allow them to regain the lost travel back.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Amish_EclipseSep-19-02 12:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#12281, "RE: Coil Overs Vs. Lowering Springs"
In response to Reply # 2

if your talking the $300 sleeve type coil overs like the ones aerospeed sells. springs are better for everything excpet adjustability. if your talking the $1300 KYB true coil overs than those would be better than springs

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12278 Previous topic | Next topic