Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12164
View in linear mode

Subject: "need to talk to someone about air bag suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
97GoSlowSep-16-02 03:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12164, "need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"

anyone got bags? or know much about them? i need to know.. is it reliable for every day use? how much? where do i go? let me know
tia
Mike

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
My other ride is your girlfriend.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, shuwa29, Sep-16-02 05:15 PM, #1
RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, bedlam32570, Sep-16-02 09:15 PM, #2
      RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, LoudEclipse, Sep-17-02 07:16 AM, #3
           RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, 98GST16, Sep-17-02 10:09 AM, #4
                RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, 9D9 MITSU RS, Sep-17-02 01:10 PM, #5
                     RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, ToTaLEkLyPz99, Sep-17-02 03:07 PM, #6
                          RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, LoudEclipse, Sep-18-02 09:34 AM, #7
                               RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, icedout, Sep-18-02 10:31 AM, #8
                                    RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, icedout, Sep-22-02 03:44 AM, #9
                                         RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, icedout, Sep-25-02 12:08 PM, #10
                                              RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, whyucryn, Sep-26-02 01:23 PM, #11
                                                   RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, icedout, Sep-26-02 04:24 PM, #12
                                                        RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension, LoudEclipse, Sep-27-02 08:02 AM, #13

shuwa29Sep-16-02 05:15 PM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12165, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

damnit man, we talked about this earlier and last night. anyways, what he said. we would like to know, and i will ask a local dsm guy this weekend as well thanks.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bedlam32570Sep-16-02 09:15 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
1240 posts,
#12166, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 1

there is a guy who has air cylinders here in town but he traded his car in and got jipped. he also painted over his carbon fiber hood. from what i heard. he had to custom fit a set of air cylinders to for his car. as far as bags, you can make some brackets, and the remover the struts and a few other suspension parts and install the bags. any local shop should be able to do it but it's expensive. oh and i've updated my site Mike so if you wanna check it out you can. go to http://importenthusiasts.deep-ice.com/fan.html

LoudEclipseSep-17-02 07:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#12167, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

as of wednesday or thursday when my final fittings come in, i will be bagged, well on air cylinders. you dont want to use air bags because they can move side to side, and you dont want that kind of flex, your best bet is to use air cylinders, or air struts, when i get a job and my air cylinders go, i will get air struts. as far as brackets, i think they make them now for the air cylinders, its not hard to install a kit, but its hard to do it nice

mike get ahold of me on aim and i can send you some pics

that goes for anyone else as well

98GST16Sep-17-02 10:09 AM
Member since Jan 20th 2002
312 posts,
#12168, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

vector ran them for awhile. might try to find him on here or email.

9D9 MITSU RSSep-17-02 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#12169, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 4

I talked to a guy that did a self install b4. He quit driving his car except to and from shows and occassional weekends. He said you have to take them apart or some shit to clean them b/c everything gets in the cylinders, etc. Dunno if he was shitting around or what.

ToTaLEkLyPz99Sep-17-02 03:07 PM
Member since Jan 30th 2002
1282 posts,
#12170, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 5

a guy i know around my way as air ride on his eclipse..you cant use your car for everyday driving..you cant drive in the rain the cylinders rust and the fitting go because of it causing it to leak and the sand gets in there and eats away at the fitting..its phat as hell but its not worth the hassle..plus your always worried if you are leaking air or if you forgot to turn you compressor off..its to big of a hassle..

LoudEclipseSep-18-02 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#12171, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 6

um, unless you arent very smart you have an on/off switch for your compressor, as far as leaking, thats why you have guages
and i know many people that daily drive air suspension cars

icedoutSep-18-02 10:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12172, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 7

who did you get your kit through... i am interested in doing this since i'v made my car pretty much a show car.... i have my 1gen X that i use for everyday... the rs is garaged... so i want to start doing more stuff too her now since i'm not driving her everyday

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

icedoutSep-22-02 03:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12173, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 8

bump.... anyone with info

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

icedoutSep-25-02 12:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12174, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 9

bump

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque

whyucrynSep-26-02 01:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
96 posts,
#12175, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 10

ok guys here is the set up i have. i have air struts from eai. i like them. never had a problem with them. i have f/b/s/s also. nothing to special. i drive 40 miles 1 way to work. never had sand or dirt cause problems either because you get filters for the exhaust port on the cylinders. 3/8 line is fast; 1/2 could hop. as for bags. if it is done right you won't have problems. i know a guy in san diego that will make the bag mounts for around 1500. just bag and mount but you won't be able to go back to spring suspension.
just what i know about air ride.
kris

It is better to die standing up, than to live on your knees.

1997 GS

LIFE IS TO SHORT
1997 GS

icedoutSep-26-02 04:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#12176, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 11

so do you have the bags or the air cylinders

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque

LoudEclipseSep-27-02 08:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1758 posts,
#12177, "RE: need to talk to someone about air bag suspension"
In response to Reply # 12

unless you redo your whole suspension and some how make an upper control arm, you CANT run bags, bags can twist and move and you dont want that, you want your suspension to look like this | and stay like that, with a bag it can do this \ or /, your only options are air cylinders or air struts. i cant imagine how 3/8th is fast for the front, my front is slow on 1/2, what size solenoids do you have whyucryn? whats your psi switch set to, any pics of your set up?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12164 Previous topic | Next topic