Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11943
View in linear mode

Subject: "Skunk2's are in......" Previous topic | Next topic
BuckNuttySep-06-02 07:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11943, "Skunk2's are in......"

my skunk2's and kyb gr2's *should* be goin in sunday.....job pending

Pics shall be taken n shared n whatnot

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Skunk2's are in......, Sabot, Sep-06-02 02:28 PM, #1
RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-06-02 03:18 PM, #2
      RE: Skunk2's are in......, HadesOmega, Sep-07-02 07:25 PM, #3
           RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-07-02 10:37 PM, #4
                RE: Skunk2's are in......, HadesOmega, Sep-08-02 09:43 AM, #5
                     RE: Skunk2's are in......, jerseystyle1, Sep-08-02 11:29 AM, #6
                          RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-08-02 10:48 PM, #7
                               RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-09-02 12:27 AM, #8
                                    RE: Skunk2's are in......, Ryan_RS, Sep-09-02 05:01 AM, #9
                                         RE: Skunk2's are in......, oMInOUs97RS, Sep-09-02 05:59 PM, #10
                                              RE: Skunk2's are in......, JZA69, Sep-10-02 12:33 AM, #11
                                                   RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-10-02 01:46 AM, #12
                                                        RE: Skunk2's are in......, Ryan_RS, Sep-10-02 05:24 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Skunk2's are in......, BuckNutty, Sep-11-02 12:37 AM, #14

SabotSep-06-02 02:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11944, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes! take some good side pics. I also would like to see how low can it go if you can.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BuckNuttySep-06-02 03:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11945, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 1

Well.....i'll take pics when we're done...providing there is still sunlight And then more once the springs settle.

HadesOmegaSep-07-02 07:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#11946, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 2

I got KYB AGXs and Skunk2s

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

BuckNuttySep-07-02 10:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11947, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 3

how do you like the ride on that setup? Its lookin like i amy have to wait till next weekend ot install everything The guy that was supposed to let me borrow his spring compressors hasn't gotten them back from his bro yet

HadesOmegaSep-08-02 09:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#11948, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 4

I love my setup. It's a little bumpy but I'll take discomfort versus cornering power any day. The good thing is that it's adjustable damper so I can set it up according to how I want it to drive, for example if I want more oversteer I'll make the front softer and rear stiffer. then the oppsite to get understeer. The springs are great too really stiff, my car has hardly any body roll. Good stuff but I think coil overs are a joke though cuz whenver you raise of lower the car you gotta get a wheel alignment again unless your ok with dragging your tires around with messed up toe.

well since you don't have AGXs not sure about GR2s but these are supposedly have less travel than a stock shock so it's easy to bottom out and mess them up. My car is SLAMMED right now so it's fine for me but if you wanna slam your car I don't suggest getting AGXs or get AGXs for the rear and something else for the front.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

jerseystyle1Sep-08-02 11:29 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#11949, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 5

I have the Skunk2's and tokico blues and like he said above^^^, the ride is a little bumpy but the performance is awesome. Plus they look cool, too!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

BuckNuttySep-08-02 10:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11950, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 6

I got everything installed. A few q's though. I was goin by what my invoices and directions said were front and back for everything. For the coilover on the back, the springs could easily be moved up and down by hand, no adjustment or anything needed.....just free before i put them on. Also, i think they may be bottoming out in the back as well. i am hearing noises from back there everytime i hit a bump, I'm gonna clean it out tonight and see if it was just something hitting my strut bar. Other than that, great ride, can't wait for the springs to settle so i can really see what i can do with em.

BuckNuttySep-09-02 12:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11951, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 7

D'oh....i jus had to tighten the nut at the top of the strut, the one you see in the trunk, and all is well. No more bad noises. Official word thus far upon this set up: Tis a tad bouncy, but i had my friend drive it and i followed him and you can't really see it from the outside, so it ain't ricy lookin. Handles hella fine, and looks great behind the rims Now i jus gotta lower the bastids

Ryan_HesSep-09-02 05:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#11952, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 8

I had Skunks on my last ride....and it was really bouncy, I hated them. They handle well, but I've gotta have a little more comfort...that why I chose springs for this car.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

oMInOUs97RSSep-09-02 05:59 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2002
394 posts,
#11953, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 9

Does anyone know what the actual number for the Skunk2 springs in the front are? (the number on the spring) I just want to make sure that I put them in the right places

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

JZA69Sep-10-02 12:33 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#11954, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 10

just a warning about GR2's...From my personal experience mixing them with H&R's led to a good ride temporarily, but that it quickly deteriorated as the shocks wore out.....Just a thought.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

BuckNuttySep-10-02 01:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11955, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 11

This may sound like a slightly dumb question, but how esactly do you lower the coilovers? Do you tighten them or loosen them???

Ryan_HesSep-10-02 05:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#11956, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 12

Loosen the discs by turned them both in opposite directions, them spin them down to the height you want. After that, turn them against each other to tighten.

p.s. Watch your camber!

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

BuckNuttySep-11-02 12:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11957, "RE: Skunk2's are in......"
In response to Reply # 13

So spin down to lower, and spin up to higher? Gracias, tia n whatnot

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11943 Previous topic | Next topic