Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11814
View in linear mode

Subject: "what does all this stuff do?" Previous topic | Next topic
kelstedAug-28-02 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11814, "what does all this stuff do?"

I really want to lower my car but I don't know what all to get.
I'm thinking about no more than 2 inches. probably 1 1/2 or so.

What is the difference between Coilovers and Springs?

I read about that you had to take off the bumpstops when lowering the car, what are bumpstops?

Would I also need to get new shocks? Would it matter if i went with either coilovers or spings? And what is a camper kit?

I think thats all the questions I can think of to ask, but if you can give me more info, please do so. Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/
kelsted/MyClipse/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorEvuLFleAAug-28-02 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11815, "RE: what does all this stuff do?"
In response to Reply # 0

Coilovers have adjustable spring perches. (Springs sit on perches on the strut and are stationary) Coilovers you can move the perch up and down the strut.

Struts you will want eventually. It will not hurt your car if you can't afford them not (it will hurt your handling though).

Camber kits adjust camber (when you lower your wheels lean inward causeing unevern tire wear)

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

techboyAug-31-02 03:17 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#11816, "RE: what does all this stuff do?"
In response to Reply # 1

If you want a camper kit you are going to have to install a hitch.

AEM CIA|SpiralMax|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|GST Exhaust|Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|Front/Rear strut bars|
Coming:55mmTB

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11814 Previous topic | Next topic