Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11794
View in linear mode

Subject: "ball joint broke on my car bad news...read" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorxcasbonxAug-28-02 02:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11794, "ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"

well about 2 months ago my car was supposedly fixed thanks to the ball joint recall. According to satan they inspected them and resealed em and said I was fine. Lone behold im pulling my car up to get washed at my house 3 days ago and my ball joint breaks and the wheel buckles and yanks the axle out and rips the boot covering on it.

This is a pretty serious situation too, according to satan and my invoice they said the car was FIXED. They are lucky that it didnt break at 70mph on the high cuz my car would be really messed then. So now I have to try to figure out what I'm going to do now.

I'm thinking about taking pictures of all the damage now, taking it somewhere else than satan, getting it fixed, and then going into satan with the pictures and all my receipts and making their asses pay for my bill. Any suggestions?

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
front/rear strut tower bars
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, mcgyvr, Aug-28-02 02:38 AM, #1
RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, John99RS, Aug-28-02 08:03 AM, #2
RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, EclipseTical, Aug-29-02 04:04 AM, #3
RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-29-02 05:20 AM, #4
      RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, a_miller_76, Aug-29-02 05:48 AM, #5
           RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, cucumber, Aug-29-02 02:25 PM, #6
                RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, a_miller_76, Aug-30-02 04:05 AM, #7
                     RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, 9D9 MITSU RS, Sep-01-02 05:13 PM, #8
                          RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, fasterGS, Sep-02-02 04:10 AM, #9
                               RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, djtrickee, Sep-03-02 08:59 AM, #10
                                    RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read, Moderatorxcasbonx, Sep-03-02 02:55 PM, #11

mcgyvrAug-28-02 02:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11795, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 0

No, I would make satan come pick it up off the driveway and fix it, otherwise you might have trouble getting them to pay for it. They will def. fix everything for free for you if you call them and tell them what happened.

And for everyone else, dont let them just reseal it, and the recall stays open until the part has been replaced. Ask them for the old parts too to make sure they did replace it. This is a serious recall that was handled really poorly, no mechanic has the knowledge to inspect a piece of steal and tell if its ok or not, the dealerships are just trying to get you in and out as quick as possible, but demand it be replaced immediatly, just think what would happen if you were going 70mph and it breaks, You could be seriously hurt if not more.

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSAug-28-02 08:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#11796, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I would do what Brian said. I went in a few months ago to get a door handle fixed and they didn't even inspect mine, they just took them out and put new ones in. They said they weren't bothering with inspecting them, they just replace all of them on every Eclipse that rolls in.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

EclipseTicalAug-29-02 04:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
648 posts,
#11797, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 0

if you are lowered you may wanna swap out the springs or they will say the springs caused the failing ball joint. Demand satan fixes that immediately. If they say that it was already fixed once, tell them how it was just resealed and tell them to look it up in their computer. A suspension shouldn't wear out in a few months. They are liable, make them fix it.

~Sean

99 GSX
97 RS--SOLD

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-29-02 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#11798, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 3

im glad i didnt have my springs/shocks on yet, still on stockers. I cant do shit for like a week still cuz my parents are on vacation, and they are like dont do anything about it till we get back. So I dono whats gonna happen.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

a_miller_76Aug-29-02 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11799, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 4

The recall page didn't list the 99's but do we need this changed too? If so I'm doing it today.

cucumberAug-29-02 02:25 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
592 posts,
#11800, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 5

It sucks dude, I was pulling into work and I broke them on my GS. I was flabbergasted. The car was dropped and on my old 17s. I had it towed the next day and called Mitsubishi headquarters. They said they'll foot the bill and sent me a 700 dollar check within 2 weeks.

I love MITSUBISHI!!!

"i want a turbo that gets full boost (35psi) at 2500rpms, and will make about 490hp to the wheels and make my greddy type blow off valve louder than jet airplanes

a_miller_76Aug-30-02 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#11801, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 6

Thank you for this post! Found out that my car has not had the joints changed and is going into the shop on Wed...You're getting feedback for this one

9D9 MITSU RSSep-01-02 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11802, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 7

my car was lowered when I took it. They told me they had seen more lowered cars show up promptly for the recall than others.

fasterGSSep-02-02 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11803, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah, mine was lowered when I took it too. They never said a word about it. Just make sure they REPLACE the ball joints as that is what the recall says to do now.

djtrickeeSep-03-02 08:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#11804, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 9

Is there anyway to check to see if the Recall has been done to your car or not? I bought mine used and have no idea if it has been corrected yet or not?
-Chris b.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

ModeratorxcasbonxSep-03-02 02:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#11805, "RE: ball joint broke on my car bad news...read"
In response to Reply # 10

just go to a local dealer, if your eclipse then mitsu, but if your talon then chrysler. just tell them you want your car checked for the ball joint recall.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11794 Previous topic | Next topic