Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11727
View in linear mode

Subject: "traction control system malfunction" Previous topic | Next topic
NicksDSMAug-23-02 07:47 AM
Member since Aug 05th 2002
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11727, "traction control system malfunction"

i have a code 1221 coming out of my engine. does anyone know what this is or what it has to do with. thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JZA69Aug-23-02 10:30 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11728, "RE: traction control system malfunction"
In response to Reply # 0

if you did the on off on off on thing then what your getting is 2 seperate codes.... #12 means nothing, it means that you battery was recently disconnected, a #21 means a few things..go to the 2gnt main page under info and specs and it will have a pcm code listing...look for #21...

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

pb3eclipseJan-03-08 09:55 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2007
4 posts,
#30981, "RE: traction control system malfunction"
In response to Reply # 1

i checked out the codes and it says that my traction control solenoid is faulty. I didn't even know these cars have traction control!! Does anyone know for sure if my car has it? its a 97 gs, manual tranny. I looked and didnt see a traction light on the cluster so i dont know what to think at this point.

http://imageshack.us>>

95eclipse420AJan-03-08 08:37 PM
Member since Jan 01st 2005
139 posts,
#30982, "RE: traction control system malfunction"
In response to Reply # 2
Jan-03-08 08:39 PM by 95eclipse420A

a code 21 is a problem with your downstream o2 sensor and/or a short in it's wiring. We do not have traction control.

Banned

wickedtalonJan-06-08 05:04 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#30983, "RE: traction control system malfunction"
In response to Reply # 3

I wish I had traction control. My tires spin all the time.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

justins71Jan-10-08 02:21 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#30986, "RE: traction control system malfunction"
In response to Reply # 4

your megasquirt has traction control. I think you need to be running MS-1 MSnS-E w/ ignition... but it's pretty cool. Had mine turned on for a while, but like my burnouts

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11727 Previous topic | Next topic