Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11532
View in linear mode

Subject: "sound coming from front right of suspension" Previous topic | Next topic
woppishbobAug-16-02 03:00 AM
Member since Jun 09th 2002
168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11532, "sound coming from front right of suspension"

Alright, last evening I put my front two coilover springs on. They are made by R1 racing. I put them on the stock struts. The way I put them is is put the threads down first. Then put the spring on. Then I put the top piece of the spring. Then the smaller rubber piece that goes under the strut tower top, and the other piece, washer, and then nut. Put it all back together. All seemed to bc fine, but today when I was driving, the right side seems to make a sound. It makes it when I have the wheel turned to the left. I'm really not sure what it is, could it be something in the coil assembly? Or maybe something like the antisway bar link bolt, or other bolts that I had to remove the job?? The sound it makes sounds like metal touching some metal. Please let me know if you have any helpful hints, thanks-Bob

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BlackVengeAug-16-02 09:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11533, "RE: sound coming from front right of suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

what kind of sound is it, a knock, clank, rattle. its hard to tell what the problem could be without know what it sounded like. does it do it just when you are turning, or when you go over bumps as well.

ttyl

Matt
Exile Racing Technologies

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

woppishbobAug-18-02 02:34 AM
168 posts,
#11534, "RE: sound coming from front right of suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

the sound is sort of a clank, clank, clank, speeds up with the speed of the car. I think it may be this feeling indicator that is by the brake pads, but I'm not totally sure. Just wandering if something like this is normal, or expected with coilovers

BlitzedEclipse42oAAug-19-02 07:52 AM
Member since Aug 11th 2002
66 posts,
#11535, "RE: sound coming from front right of suspension"
In response to Reply # 2

Did you use a torque wrench when putting your car back together? you need to torque all of your bolts properly to be safe.

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc changer, Alpine type-R 6.5" component set, boston acoustics 5X7" in the rear, 2 alpine type-r 12"s Pheonix gold sub amp and eclipse 4 channel.

97 Eclipse GS
Aem CAI, Obx 2.5" Stainless Cat back, Tomm's coilovers, Blown stock struts , Black housing projectors, Blitz Body kit, Dark blue metallic paint, Alpine cva-1005 head unit (6.5" indash monitor), Playstation 2, Alpine ai-net 6-disc change

JerryAug-19-02 01:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
56 posts,
#11536, "RE: sound coming from front right of suspension"
In response to Reply # 3

Mind makes a clank at low speeds...Skunk 2 coilovers with Illuminas

woppishbobAug-21-02 07:33 AM
168 posts,
#11537, "RE: sound coming from front right of suspension"
In response to Reply # 0

what could be clanking from not being torqued down properly?? I didn't use a torque wrench, but I did put pleanty of torque on it, or so I think. The only bolt that I think that I could have messed up on is the sway bar link, but is that capable of making a clanking sound when turning to the left only??? Everything seems to be okay, just making this annoying sound...Please let me know if you have any info, thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11532 Previous topic | Next topic