Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11507
View in linear mode

Subject: "14" wheels on GSX brakes" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostAug-14-02 07:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11507, "14" wheels on GSX brakes"

Can you fit the stock steel 14s with the GSX brakes? I know I can't fir the 14" alloys cuz it don't clear it but does the steelies have more offset? thanks

aLvin

96 RST

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/tir/gallery/SemperBoost
Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / Nology wires / Dual Gaugepod pillar mount / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Upper/Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
X-drilled rotors / Axxis pads / Stock GS/GST sideskirts /Color-matched center taillight/ door handles/ sideviews
Cleared Headlight turns/PIAA bulbs

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes, pancito, Aug-14-02 08:12 AM, #1
RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-14-02 08:20 AM, #2
      RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes, discount_tyr420a, Aug-14-02 01:25 PM, #3
           RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes, Logic3, Aug-14-02 04:18 PM, #4
RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes, Karl, Aug-14-02 04:50 PM, #5
RE: So what size spare does GSX have, Semperboost, Aug-15-02 03:26 AM, #6
      RE: So what size spare does GSX have, Logic3, Aug-15-02 03:48 AM, #7
      RE: So what size spare does GSX have, iamnotwhoiam, Aug-15-02 07:32 AM, #8

pancitoAug-14-02 08:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
460 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11508, "RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 0

nope and i believe it would be harder to fit steeles then allows, i don't know if you can do it with spacers.

fernando_valdez@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSAug-14-02 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#11509, "RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 1

No, overall diameter with caliper is just too big, won't fit on 14"s

Una salus victus.
He will triumph, who knows when to fight, and when not to fight. - Sun Tzu

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All motor in the making.

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730, Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: P&P Milled Head, Rear Disc Brakes, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

discount_tyr420aAug-14-02 01:25 PM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#11510, "RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 2

nope...you cant fit them at all...gsx comes stock with 16's cuz of the brake clearance. you might want to try a 15 with a 195/65-15 on it if it clears.

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Logic3Aug-14-02 04:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#11511, "RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 3

I doubt 15's would clear it. Its one hell of a tight fit with 16's.

GSX comes with 17's stock
GST comes with 16's stock

KarlAug-14-02 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#11512, "RE: 14" wheels on GSX brakes"
In response to Reply # 0

You need at least 16" tires in order to fit the dual pistion GSX calipers.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

SemperboostAug-15-02 03:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#11513, "RE: So what size spare does GSX have"
In response to Reply # 5

Does the spare tire fit on em. The reason why I ask cuz I'm bout to put on my GSX calipers and I still have a set of stock 14s at the house...and if they cannot fit the fronts then might as well sell em er something. thanks

Alvin

96 RST

http://www.kaptainmyke.com/tir/gallery/SemperBoost
Star Stage I turbo kit /Starion I/C w/ 2" chrome piping / GReddy Type-S BOV / Missing Link / Custom APEXi- GReddy 2.5" exhaust / Nology wires / Dual Gaugepod pillar mount / APEXi EL mech boost gauge / Autometer A/F gauge / Southland Dual Friction clutch / B&M short shifter / Energy Suspension shifter bushings / 16" GSX Rims / Front/ Rear camberkits / Eibach Prokits / Tokico Blues/ Front Upper, Rear Upper/Lower strut bars / Rear GST sway bar
X-drilled rotors / Axxis pads / Stock GS/GST sideskirts /Color-matched center taillight/ door handles/ sideviews
Cleared Headlight turns/PIAA bulbs

Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

Logic3Aug-15-02 03:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#11514, "RE: So what size spare does GSX have"
In response to Reply # 6

Nope, won't fit. Sell em!

iamnotwhoiamAug-15-02 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#11515, "RE: So what size spare does GSX have"
In response to Reply # 6

you just brought up a good point.. at least in my book.

i wonder if our spare tires would still fit on the larger brakes.. i have yet to do my swap, but i fear that on the rare of circumstances.. i would have problems from getting a flat and not being able to put my spare up front.. but i suppose i could always grab a rear tire and put that on the front and the spare on the back if that were to happen.. just a though i suppose.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11507 Previous topic | Next topic