Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11300
View in linear mode

Subject: "ordering illuminas!" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSAug-06-02 07:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11300, "ordering illuminas!"

I got my car fixed with the output speed sensor. I am now using the $$$ I had saved and the money I got from selling my 14's to get struts. I need them bad. Anyhow, what's the best setting for them for a comfortable ride, with no bounce, but not too much stiffness? I was thinking 5 in back and 3 up front?
I'm ordering from Pro Street Industries. Check them out at www.prostreetonline.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ordering illuminas!, AvengerES97, Aug-06-02 09:24 AM, #1
RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-06-02 10:45 AM, #2
      RE: ordering illuminas!, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-06-02 02:46 PM, #3
           RE: ordering illuminas!, OZ_GS, Aug-06-02 03:25 PM, #4
                RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-06-02 04:28 PM, #5
                     RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-07-02 04:13 AM, #6
                          RE: ordering illuminas!, Mannyyy, Aug-07-02 04:36 AM, #7
                               RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-07-02 06:43 AM, #8
                                    RE: ordering illuminas!, iamnotwhoiam, Aug-07-02 07:09 AM, #9
                                         RE: ordering illuminas!, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-07-02 02:06 PM, #10
                                              RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-07-02 04:18 PM, #11
                                                   RE: ordering illuminas!, Clay, Aug-08-02 03:36 AM, #12
                                                        RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-08-02 06:26 AM, #13
RE: ordering illuminas!, Jayvee, Aug-12-02 12:07 PM, #14
RE: ordering illuminas!, Super20G, Aug-12-02 04:21 PM, #15
      RE: ordering illuminas!, 9D9 MITSU RS, Aug-12-02 04:43 PM, #16

AvengerES97Aug-06-02 09:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11301, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 0

4 and 2 would probably be good for comfort and performance, maybe even 5 and 2.
Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Chris Jones
1997 Dodge Avenger ES 5spd
"Racing Your Honda Is Like Running In The Special Olympics.....Even If You Win You're Still Retarded!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

9D9 MITSU RSAug-06-02 10:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11302, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 1

u know from experience, or just guessing? I don't have a problem with guesses/opinions, but I want some replies from people who actually have the illuminas.

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-06-02 02:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#11303, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 2

i love the illuminas, good choice. normally i have mine set at 3 in the front with about 20-25 psi for the tires and 5 in the back with 45 psi. i can notice quicker response when i have it on 3 in the front rather than two, i cant really notice a difference between 4 & 5 IMO. when i drag it F-1/R-5. just fiddle around with it and youll find what u like. hope u enjoy them!

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

OZ_GSAug-06-02 03:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#11304, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 3

What are the illuminas going to run you from them if you don't mind me asking? I am saving up for them right now. Hopefully will have enough for them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

9D9 MITSU RSAug-06-02 04:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11305, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm actually on a sponsor type of deal with them. He was saying anyone will get good prices tho, so call and ask, or e-mail them. The ordering with them was cake, and they seem to be on top of things. I'll have the illuminas by next week.

9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 04:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11306, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm thinking 4 or 5 in rear, and 3 up front.

MannyyyAug-07-02 04:36 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#11307, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 6

I have Illumina's up front set at 4 and still think that's a little soft... Setting 2 is about stock, and 1 is softer than stock imo.

I'm on coilovers with about a 2 inch drop btw.

-Manny

9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 06:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11308, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 7

thanks, those #'s give me some good examples to where I can start with mine. I think I am pretty much going for 5 in the rear, maybe 4. And I seem to think 3 is the magic # up front. Maybe 2. I'll play around with them some. Overall, does it make the ride much smoother, and less bouncy?

iamnotwhoiamAug-07-02 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#11309, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 8

yeah i run with 3/f 4/r and its pretty comfy.. not too stiff and not too soft with my 45 series tires. only thing i notice thats abit annoying at times is when going over bumps in the road(the small ones not like speed bumps..) that since its so stiff in the back it will land hard and moves and or bounces stuff around in the trunk. none the less great shocks so far. good choice.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-07-02 02:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#11310, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 9

i dont know about you guys but it takes a lil while for me to really notice the change in settings...like its not immediate. anyone else experience that?

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

9D9 MITSU RSAug-07-02 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11311, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 10

so,would f-3 r-3 be a good setting? So it wouldn't be stiff as hell? The main reason I ordered them is b/c my stockers r blown, and I am tired of bouncing over these bumpy roads. I feel EVERY bump in the road. I want it to drive smoother, and be comfortable.

ClayAug-08-02 03:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#11312, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 11

your still gonna feel those bumps on really rough roads. i have mine set at 4-f and 2-r. gonna change the settings though.

95 GST | So-Cal

9D9 MITSU RSAug-08-02 06:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11313, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 12

feeling the bumps isn't bad. The car shouldn't feel as stuff should it, like when the front suspension moves, the whole car jumps?

JayveeAug-12-02 12:07 PM
Member since Mar 26th 2002
132 posts,
#11314, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 0

Just installed Illuminas(use to have blues) on my ride and I love them. My settings are 4 up front and 5 in the rear. I'm lowered on Sprint springs (2"drop), with the Illuminas it handles a lot better.

Super20GAug-12-02 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11315, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 14

I am happy with the front as soft as they will go and the back as stiff as they will go... although my fiberglass enclosure for a trunk doesnt like it too well, the mountain roads do.

edit: the fronts are soft cause it launches better...

9D9 MITSU RSAug-12-02 04:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#11316, "RE: ordering illuminas!"
In response to Reply # 15

I knew the drag setup was 5 rear, 1 front. I would set it like that at the track, but what is best for streets? I'm thinking more and more, 3f,4r this way my sub box doesn't bounce a lot, and I have a comfortable ride.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11300 Previous topic | Next topic