Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11256
View in linear mode

Subject: "AEM" Previous topic | Next topic
DVSJAYAug-03-02 08:00 PM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#11256, "AEM"

well guys I asking for your help again. my front brakes just went out. this happened at a bad time, but when is it a good time. Anyways I'm looking to make the best out of this situation, I was looking to go to some big roters (AEM) my only 2 consirns is will they fit with our stock rims (because i don't want to drive my 17" on the daily grind. and 2 i want to upgrade the Caliper some time later will it work?

Give me some ideas I don't have a ton of cash so that's why i thought AEM would be my best choice.

Jay

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: AEM, Logic3, Aug-03-02 08:39 PM, #1
RE: AEM, DVSJAY, Aug-03-02 09:21 PM, #2
      RE: AEM, fasterGS, Aug-04-02 03:25 AM, #3
           RE: AEM, DVSJAY, Aug-04-02 04:15 AM, #4
                RE: AEM, Logic3, Aug-04-02 05:27 AM, #5
                     RE: AEM, fasterGS, Aug-04-02 06:28 AM, #6
                          RE: AEM, Teameclipse804, Aug-04-02 09:45 AM, #7
                               RE: AEM, DVSJAY, Aug-04-02 10:53 AM, #8
                                    RE: AEM, Teameclipse804, Aug-05-02 10:47 AM, #9

Logic3Aug-03-02 08:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11257, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 0

You need at least 17" wheels for AEM big brakes. So, no. They will not fit your stock 16's.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DVSJAYAug-03-02 09:21 PM
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#11258, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 1

F*ck Thanks James I was afriad of that.

Jay

--- Pics ---

fasterGSAug-04-02 03:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11259, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 2

I think its depends on which brake kit you are talking about. THe AEM oem caliper brake kit will fit in 16 inch wheels, but nothing smaller. The four piston AEM kit I think needs 17 inch wheels.

DVSJAYAug-04-02 04:15 AM
270 posts,
#11260, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 3

Sup Jason,

I was going to go with the AEM oem caliper brake kit and maybe upgrade the calipers later.

Jay

--- Pics ---

Logic3Aug-04-02 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11261, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 4

Oh, yeah the OE kit will work with 16's. I thought you were talking about AEM BIG Brake kit...

The factory AEM big brake upgrade kit will fit 16's and uses dual piston calipers with slightly larger rotors than stock. 255mm(Stock)-275mm(AEM).

fasterGSAug-04-02 06:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11262, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 5

If you want an honest opinion I would stay away from the AEM kits altogether. If you get that OEM kit you are spending WAY too much on some fancy rotors, since you have to use your own calipers anyway. I would get the parts to upgrade to the dual piston calipers (gsx) and go that way. You will spend less money and have equal to if not BETTER stopping power.

I have also heard the AEM rotors have a tendency to crack over time.

Teameclipse804Aug-04-02 09:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11263, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 6

Ya but the AEM rotors also look much nicer than the gsx upgrade. Since DVS has a show car, I would say get the blue aem rotor kit. Also, if you get the kit through Road Race Engineering, I heard they usually can get the rotors warrantied for you without a prob in case they do crack. But check with RRE to be sure.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

DVSJAYAug-04-02 10:53 AM
270 posts,
#11264, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 7

Marcus,

Yeah thouse are the ones I'm thinking of getting. But i think for now I'll just have to get a regular brake job. since i don't know jack about brakes and don't have time to play with it i got to take it to a shop unless my rotors are jacked and i think one is. I guess i'm going to go with aem blue, I'll check with rre.

thanks bud,

if i get my 2.2 stroker in i'll be in la around nov for a show, i'll hit u up.

Jay

2.2 stroker, top end drag kit and custom star stage 3 should be quite intresting. 12 sec show car?

--- Pics ---

Teameclipse804Aug-05-02 10:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11265, "RE: AEM"
In response to Reply # 8

Cool, let me know if you head into LA. I'll be back towards the end of september so I'm thinking of setting up a meet around then too. Our meets tend to get bigger and bigger, so hopefully we'll get a lot of people, especially at the nov show.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11256 Previous topic | Next topic