Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10956
View in linear mode

Subject: "99 Eclipse RS Brake Upgrade" Previous topic | Next topic
boneJul-21-02 04:08 AM
Member since Jul 21st 2002
10 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10956, "99 Eclipse RS Brake Upgrade"

I am looking for the best bang for the buck.

Stock Rear Drums:
I assume the setup to go with is the GS/GS-T rear disks. What is all involved in this swap, and what is an estimated cost on it. Does anyone have any links to how-to's or writeups on this, and what is the estimated install time? Any known problems from doing this.

Stock (Small) Front Disks:
I assume the setup to go with here is the GSX front disks. What is all involved in this swap and what is the estimated cost on it. Does anyone have any links to how-to's on this also.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RainmakerJul-21-02 08:16 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2002
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10957, "RE: 99 Eclipse RS Brake Upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0

This is the link for the drum conversion.
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/BigBrakesInstall.html

Best upgrade for the front brakes would be to get some raceconcept dimpled and crossdrilled rotors or some power slot rotors and some GSX Dual Piston Brake calipers. The brake calipers can be bought for fairly cheap but you will need some other parts. CHeck out this link
http://www.2gnt.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1882&forum=DCForumID14&archive=#4

I also have a RS and simply went with the slotted/dimppled rotors from raceconcept and GSX calipers. I left the drums which I may convert to disk brakes in the future but for right now I really like the setup.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaJul-22-02 10:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#10958, "RE: 99 Eclipse RS Brake Upgrade"
In response to Reply # 1

get the rear discs dude, you should do that b4 the GSX calipers, well I guess it doesn't really matter but the rear brakes help out a lot with brake fade and it keeps your car from nosediving everytime you press the brakes pedal. The brakin is more level with rear discs.

Haha oops I did promise a write-up damn I guess I better get crackin. Nice to see people keeping tabs on my work

If you want some good brakes just get some nice pads like metal masters. If you wanna go a step further get those raceconcepts rotors. Why I'm selling some metal master pads right now for 35 bux ^_^

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10956 Previous topic | Next topic