Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1055
View in linear mode

Subject: "A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ." Previous topic | Next topic
Tom95EsiMar-14-01 01:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1055, "A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ."

Ok, I've been reading through the old posts and everything, but I just wanted to ask you guys for some opinions. It's pretty much between the pro kit and sportlines for me. I've heard good things about the pro kit, but I think it may not be low enough to be worth all the $$$. I want to eliminate most of the wheel gap, but with the sportlines I would most likely need front and rear camber correction right? And probably with the pro kit I would only need the rear? Any endorsements or negatives for either kit?

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred
miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ., klipzracer, Mar-14-01 01:08 PM, #1
RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ., MYBISHI, Mar-14-01 06:00 PM, #7
      Blitz kit...email me..., Teameclipse804, Mar-14-01 06:33 PM, #9
RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ., sharkdog1987, Mar-14-01 02:05 PM, #2
RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ., ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-14-01 04:09 PM, #3
      i know that guy cyan (long), cyan, Mar-14-01 04:25 PM, #4
           RE: i know that guy cyan (long), cyan, Mar-14-01 04:28 PM, #5
           RE: i know that guy cyan (long), mike_d, Mar-14-01 04:50 PM, #6
                hey mike d, cyan, Mar-14-01 06:00 PM, #8
                RE: hey mike d, diabolic, Mar-23-05 01:26 PM, #17
                RE: i know that guy cyan (long), clipse2g95, Mar-23-05 05:48 AM, #14
                     RE: i know that guy cyan (long), a_miller_76, Mar-23-05 06:30 AM, #15
           RE: i know that guy cyan (long), Tom95Esi, Mar-15-01 05:21 AM, #10
           RE:, EclipseGS1997, Mar-16-01 01:17 PM, #11
                RE:, Junoon, Mar-16-01 05:27 PM, #12
           RE: i know that guy cyan (long), HadesOmega, Mar-17-01 08:30 AM, #13
                RE: i know that guy cyan (long), Blizare, Mar-23-05 06:59 AM, #16
                     RE: i know that guy cyan (long), jdpilot, Mar-24-05 09:46 AM, #18

klipzracerMar-14-01 01:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1056, "RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

my opinion:

body kit=pro-kit
no bodykit=sportlines

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"I just got sponsored by Bad Karma Motorsports!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MYBISHIMar-14-01 06:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
46 posts,
#1057, "RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ."
In response to Reply # 1

Exactly what klipzracer said....

I'm planning on getting a body kit ( BLITZ ) and so i went with Pro-Kits. I think it's just right. BTW, anybody selling a blitz kit?

-MYBISHI
98 ECLIPSE GS

Teameclipse804Mar-14-01 06:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1058, "Blitz kit...email me..."
In response to Reply # 7

Hey, if you're in the socal area, e-mail me at eclipse804@hotmail.com for the blitz kit...thanks

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

sharkdog1987Mar-14-01 02:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#1059, "RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ."
In response to Reply # 0

PARTY ON DUDES!!! I have the pro kit but there is still a gap with 215/40/17's but taller tires will fix that.

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-14-01 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1060, "RE: A few lowering questions, and opinions wanted. . . . ."
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah right it will fix the gap......DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO CYAN IS? What 19" rims and 3.5" drop and still just a little gap.......

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

cyanMar-14-01 04:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1061, "i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah cyan is me, cyan. i pt my new coilovers on yesterday and they are a 4" drop. i measured it and its only 3 inches but its even lower than it was last week when i had the maxspeeds on there. i still can fit my index finger between the tire and fender. it sucks, why can this car not tuck. so im selling these and buying some tenzo sports that are cut for a 4" drop. my opinion is biased towards lowering because thats how it is down here in goeriga. (for example i just talked to a guy tonight who said "with my new car (he just sold his other one) im not gonna lower it very much, MAYBE 2 INCHES, cause i learned my lesson going lower with my last car" (he fucked up his whole kit) so that gives you an idea of what we consider LOW around here (the roads permit slamdedness in my town) so everyone does it. if you got a kit and want it to look the very best and are careful enough to preserve it, go 3". just look at my pics below (if they actually show this time) and tell me that anyone on this board has LESS gap...as far as i know no one does, and no ones body is lower, to me thats the best look, the HOVERCRAFT BABY!!!
if your going with springs you dont have to stick with eibach, they are all created pretty much equal (except the cheapass brands) if you get neuspeeds, H&R, tanabe, eibach, tenzo, sus techs,or any good name brand they will perform...its just wound metal. later
http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

cyanMar-14-01 04:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1062, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 4

sorry for the DBL post, here are the pics, this was with the maxspeeds on last week. it is about a half inch lower this week on teh focuz and will be another .5-1 inch lower next week on the tenzos. damn i gotta weekly regime goin here. i measure the kit today, the front bumper is exactly 2 inches from the ground if anyone wants to get a measurement of theirs for reference

mike_dMar-14-01 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#1063, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 5

i have sprint springs 2" drop and there is virtually no gap in the front but maybe just under an inch in the back. this may be due to the 5 year old stock struts still omn there but it is pretty low. my friend with a 98 talon has H&R springs also with stock struts and his car had almost no gap all the way around. my bumper is about 2.5" off the ground and my buddies is lower than that also both of us have been driving all winter (canadian winter) like this. during heavy snow falls i had to pull over a couple times and dig the snow out of the oppening on the bumper (can you say snow plow). im going to get the car painted so i havent been to conserned about the bumper but all i can say is the stock bumpers can take a major beating. mine has hit snow banks drive ways monter speed bumps and escaped with just scratches and some paint crakking but not one piece of paint had been chipped off and from far away you cand see any off it. so i say go at least 2 inches and get some big wheels and pimp that shit all over town.

95 Talon ESi-T

cyanMar-14-01 06:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1064, "hey mike d"
In response to Reply # 6

if your car is lowered 2" your bumper is not 2.5" off the ground. i bet if you went and measured it it would be closer to 4" it always look slower than it actually is, which is good of course

diabolicMar-23-05 01:26 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2005
15 posts,
#26654, "RE: hey mike d"
In response to Reply # 8

How is it realisticly possible to lower your car 4 inches and drive around everyday? I know it's possible, since some of you are doing it, but even if you are the best driver in the world, it seems like you would fuck yourself eventually.

Like... how do you get over unavoidable speed bumps? A friend of mine has has his car lowered (not nearly as much) and we got stuck on a speed bump with traffic behind us.

clipse2g95Mar-23-05 05:48 AM
Member since Jun 14th 2004
167 posts,
#26648, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey mike d, I just put on my sprint springs with stock struts from 95. Send some pics to me of your car at ClipseTunr@hotmail.com. HOw is the ride and do you scrape a lot? Thanks

a_miller_76Mar-23-05 06:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#26649, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 14

Originally posted by clipse2g95
Hey mike d, I just put on my sprint springs with stock struts from 95. Send some pics to me of your car at ClipseTunr@hotmail.com. HOw is the ride and do you scrape a lot? Thanks

Dude this thread is 4 years old! Don't bring up old shit like this.

Tom95EsiMar-15-01 05:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
70 posts,
#1065, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, I would like to go that low, but here in Pennsylvania, the mountains and hills have something to say about that. I know people that scrape on driveways who aren't even lowered!

". . .the Eclipse/Talon looks like it's going a hundred
miles an hour when it's sitting in the driveway."

EclipseGS1997Mar-16-01 01:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
40 posts,
#1066, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 10

I used to have sportline springs, and i didnt really like thme well at all. it was too low for me, i scraped too much. but i live in TN, and the roads are REALLY rough. i have pro-kits now, and i love them. ride quality is better than stock to me, and its low enough to look good.(springs are NOT on in the pic!)

1997 Eclipse
Eclipsed5480@aol.com
AEM CAI
Greddy Evo Exhaust
Tokico Shocks
AFX Underdrive Pulley

JunoonMar-16-01 05:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#1067, "RE:"
In response to Reply # 11

hey.. eclipsegs1997 how low is your car?? just wondering cuz i got somewhat same road situations here in detroit.. and was thinking of lowering it.. what would anyone recommend?? the roads are reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll bad.. worse than you could imagine.. damn! 3 bad wheel bearings would explain a lil'

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

HadesOmegaMar-17-01 08:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#1068, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 4

well some people lower their car for performance also. Just my 2 cents

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

BlizareMar-23-05 06:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#26650, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by HadesOmega
well some people lower their car for performance also. Just my 2 cents

werd

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

jdpilotMar-24-05 09:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#26660, "RE: i know that guy cyan (long)"
In response to Reply # 16

Holy old post batman!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1055 Previous topic | Next topic