Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10183
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Are used springs any different from new springs?" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxJun-15-02 03:09 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10183, "Are used springs any different from new springs?"

Reason im asking is because this guy has sum Eibach Sportlines that have been on his car for about 2.5 years and is selling them for $100 plus shipping...what do you think? The only thing thats throwing me off is the age, but are used springs any different from new springs? Springs are springs right? Will they have more of a tendency to sag? what exactly is sagging?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Page%201.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fasterGSJun-15-02 06:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10184, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think I posted to you about this before. Sagging is when basically the spring getting old and a little softer, therfor compressing a little more than new. I don't think you should worry about it, sounds like a good deal. Maybe on some of the cheaper brands you might be wary about buying used springs but not eibach.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Logic3Jun-16-02 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10185, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 1

The springs will be setteled as soon as you put them on, which will be cool cause there will be no waiting. Sportslines that are used will give you a 2 inch drop. Go for it.

1TuffRSJun-16-02 12:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#10186, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 2

Ive got used springs on my ride. I got them for a grand 'ol total of $25

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

vegasdsmrJun-16-02 01:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#10187, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 3

ya, i picked up my intrax used for a bill.... just inspect em b4 buyin em if they are local...

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

xEclipsE RaceRxJun-16-02 07:09 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#10188, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 4

What do I look for? This guy is online....so...

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Page%201.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Teameclipse804Jun-16-02 09:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#10189, "RE: Are used springs any different from new springs?"
In response to Reply # 5

I've never heard of a spring going bad, so just buy it and make sure they are what you want.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10183 Previous topic | Next topic