Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10044
View in linear mode

Subject: "things I learned this weekend ..." Previous topic | Next topic
2xtremedsmJun-10-02 12:59 AM
Member since Jan 31st 2002
148 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10044, "things I learned this weekend ..."

Well well had a important weekend.. lotta learning going on..
Lets start here.. :
#1 DONT skimp on money when it comes to performance parts. You get what you pay for.
#2 Pilot Motorsports makes Sh!t Products
#3 Having your shifter welds break at 60 MPH is a BAD thing.
#4 KEEP your Stock Parts!
#5 Installing a Shifter in your car at 2 AM on a sunday really, REALLY sucks Ass.

Here's the deal..
I bought a pilot motorsports short shifter 2 months ago and installed in my ride. I was happy with it, until the first problem , the shifter block ( the lower part where the shift lever connects to ) came loose on me while I was driving.. No big deal, rip apart the console at a gas station, a hex wrench and a little loctite, problem solved.. but see #1 above. I mention this because last night, while shifting from 3rd to 4th ,the Pivot point on the lower block snapped it's welds, leaving me holding my shift lever with no pivot point and effectively locking me into 3rd gear at 60 mph. ( see #2 and #3 above ). I manage to get control of the car and pull it over, rip out the center console on the side of the road and realize I'm pretty screwed here. So I Manage to get it put into 2nd gear, enough to limp it home., and reinstall the stocker in the parking lot. So the morla of the story kids, is DO NOT BUY Pilot Motorsports products ( at least the shifter, the welds are for crap.. and KEEP YOUR STOCK PARTS.. you'll never know when you need em.

Dan
98 Gs
All the usual crap...

98 GS
all the usual mods
AEM , Greddy, Blah blah blah
Pilot Motorsports sucks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

proDMDJun-10-02 06:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10045, "RE: things I learned this weekend ..."
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like a very bad day....could be worse though right? ok maybe not

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10044 Previous topic | Next topic