Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7619
View in linear mode

Subject: "rim and durability" Previous topic | Next topic
ultimarMar-16-02 06:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
118 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7619, "rim and durability"

Is there usually a difference in rim durability with say 3 spoke rims vs 5 or 6 spoke rims?

98 RS M/T - CAI w/K&N Filter - AFX udp - 2.5" Catback Exhuast - Symborski Shift Kit - Energy Suspension Inserts -
17" wheels & tires - Rear Disc Conversion - and now 1 broken motor mount!!!!

"Happiness is like peeing in your pants...everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorVX100Mar-17-02 01:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7620, "RE: rim and durability"
In response to Reply # 0

I've seen 4 spoke rims take a pounding and not bend, and multi spoke rims bend at just the sight of a pothole. It depends more onthe diameter of the rim, how much tire profile there is to protect the rim, and what the rim is made of (cast aluminum, forgred, magnesium, ect...)

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseMar-17-02 12:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#7621, "RE: rim and durability"
In response to Reply # 1

i don't think spokes matter much. most rim bends that are noticeable are on the inside. outside bends are visually noticeable butwon't vibrate as nuch. if i had to choose i'd say that BBS style rims would be most durable becuase they have the most spoke contact points, if your going with that theory. but like todd said most of the durability will be up to the tires you put on

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

HadesOmegaMar-17-02 04:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#7622, "RE: rim and durability"
In response to Reply # 2

well my good ol spyder GS rims have been through 3 drifting accident (yes they got his and hit hard) and they still roll straight, haha not much I can say for how they look though

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7619 Previous topic | Next topic