Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7273
View in linear mode

Subject: "brake upgrade" Previous topic | Next topic
m_berrowMar-06-02 05:44 AM
Member since Feb 19th 2002
268 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7273, "brake upgrade"

i want to do the brake upgrade from the gs calipers to the gsx calipers. everyone has different ways or opinions of doing this. does somebody have a definate answer on what i should get to do this succesfully? also i need to know if this is just for the front or is it for front and back. thanks guys.

GS-N pssssst!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-06-02 06:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7274, "RE: brake upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0

Try emailing phattalon@yahoo.com, or send a private message to rpm97talon here on the board. His name is Mike Jury, he's all performance, and has done the full GSX brake upgrade. he'll be able to tell you everything you need to know.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

m_berrowMar-06-02 06:46 AM
268 posts,
#7275, "RE: brake upgrade"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks bud

GS-N pssssst!

KarlMar-06-02 06:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#7276, "RE: brake upgrade"
In response to Reply # 0

The GSX brake caliper upgrade is only for the front. The GSX came equipped with a dual piston caliper compared with our singl piston design. If you want a simple bolt-on affair, you need to get 2G GSX calipers. When you get 95-99 front dual piston calieprs, you need the calipers, brackets (important as you need them to bolt them up), shimming hardware, and pads. IF you get a 1G or 3000GT calipers, you will need to get custom brake lines.

Good luck,
Karl

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

m_berrowMar-06-02 07:00 AM
268 posts,
#7277, "RE: brake upgrade"
In response to Reply # 3

thanks bud!

GS-N pssssst!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #7273 Previous topic | Next topic