Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6972
View in threaded mode

Subject: "who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
jamesmanFeb-21-02 07:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6972, "who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"

just wondering i am going to buy a set soon
thanks
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
eclipsekaiserFeb-21-02 07:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6973, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 0

IMO the best stopping for the $$$ in terms of rotors are the AEMs.

Otherwise Brembo, and Wilwoods make some awsome big brake kits for our cars. They are pricy though.

kaiser

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaFeb-21-02 09:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#6974, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 1

DSM also makes big brakes for our cars hehe. The brakes that come off a GSX/VR4/Diamante. They are dual piston calipers with like 38% more braking surface than ours. Hehe I'll be getting mine soon They're cheap too if you can find it from a salvage yard.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

pn0ymahalFeb-21-02 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#6975, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 2

hey james, my friend has brembo slotted and drilled all around with metal master pads, and also rre brake lines for his gst and he said it brakes Nice! he got his from island he has hook up there like you do... my cousin karl with the eclipse has the 2piston calipers front (gsx) powerslot and metal master pads he likes it... depends what kind of braking you want... both of these around 300 if you get good prices
hey james did you find a weekend your free to do my fuel or ?
Michael 99gs- hrc stage 2

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-21-02 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#6976, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 3

In my opinion the best upgrade big brake kit is made by Baer. Dual piston caliper(Same size as Corvettes) with 13" rotors.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

jamesmanFeb-22-02 03:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#6977, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 4

i'm looking to spend bank, like 1500 to 1700 bucks. i'm pretty sure i will get the AEM kit for the rear, but i want some good ass brakes for the front
thanks lates
james
p.s. mike have you installed the afc yet?
have you checked where we put the hrc fpr, is there going to be enough space there for the S-FMU it is alot bigger?
when we find time to put this shit in the car will drife a hell of alot better.

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

pn0ymahalFeb-22-02 04:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#6978, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 5

for the front i would go baer or aem but for some 2-piston calipers you need 17in rims and bigger some you dont... i believe aem has a 4-piston front deal which cost around $1500 alone...
james, i installed the afc the same day i called you about the vc-2 before, and i notice my s-fmu is bigger then the hrc fpr but i have not tried recently to see if it will fit, i cant seem to remove the hoses from under the fpr to remove the fpr, and if i try pulling i cant fit my screwdriver in with my hand to loosen it... maybe my screwdriver is to big or do i have to do it a certain way?...
let me know when you free so i call that weekend off and also about the brakes to see if my friend could get it cheaper for you...
cool
Michael 99gs- hrc stage 2

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

HadesOmegaFeb-24-02 09:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#6979, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 6

So I'm just wondering but what exactly do you need brakes like this for? My friend who races his NX2000 uses racing pads, stainless lines, and DOT5 fluid and his braking is amazing. He's still using stock rotors and pads. Now I managed to fade my stock pads and glazed em racing a type R on the freeway and from autoxing. I managed to barely fade my metal masters at Buttonwillow racetrack. SO what exactly do you need these big brakes for? I use left foot braking so the brakes tend to heat up pretty fast if I utilize it often especially on a mountain path.

Or O_o are you just getting these so your car will look better? Have you ever faded your brakes? you should probably learn to stop better before you go getting these crazy brake upgrades. To me the stock braking system is beautiful the fact that I can fade it once in a while during racing kinda scares me though that's why I'm getting the Dual Piston upgrade. Try to learn heel and toe braking....

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Fast420AFeb-24-02 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#6980, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah I am going with the AWD 2 piston brakes also. I bought both calipers for $100 used. I have to pick up a boot rebuild kit tomorrow which only cost $40 each. Then semi metallic pads and stock rotors cost me $100. So thats a $300 brake upgrade to 2 pistons calipers.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

DownAzzDSMFeb-24-02 02:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
346 posts,
#6981, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 8

Here's mine. Wilwood Big brake kit. 13" slotted rotors- 4 piston calipers. They work great!

Steve
Black 97 GS
First time at track 16.231 @ 86.11 (Intake & Exhaust/ 17" rims)
Best time- 14.154 @ 101.22
W/O N2O- 15.916 @ 88.98

Magnacor

vegasdsmrFeb-24-02 02:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#6982, "RE: who makes good big brake kits for our cars besides AEM?"
In response to Reply # 9

your sig shows (i think) sdclipse takin the pic in your post, lol....

if i upgraded my stock brakes (already done pads) i would only do the fronts. the rears only see 20% so why drop all that money in them??

if u have rotors in the rear, its a diff story..

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #6972 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic