Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3810
View in threaded mode

Subject: "squeeking when turning" Previous topic | Next topic
talon_esiOct-29-01 01:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3810, "squeeking when turning"

ever sence last week there's been this loud squeeking sound every time i turn the steering wheel. it's not the belts, it's something to do with the wheel or ball barings or something. it's only on the front, driver side, the passanger is normal.
whats going on?

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
fauchpjOct-30-01 03:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3811, "RE: squeeking when turning"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont know, but when i park in a parking place or turn right and stop, my car makes this horrible noise. it only does it sometimes, though. and only when i turn right.

96 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

killhonda666Nov-01-01 02:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
167 posts,
#3812, "RE: squeeking when turning"
In response to Reply # 1

my car does this all the time. Its a horrible grinding squeal whenever i turn right, more than half way. I have no i idea what this is....i have a 2" drop....

talon_esiNov-01-01 08:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
35 posts,
#3813, "RE: squeeking when turning"
In response to Reply # 2

looks to me, i'm not the only one with this problem. but something happened and it's not doing this anymore. last night it was raining really hard when i was driving and this morning there no more squeek.

thats some weard shit.

klipzracerNov-01-01 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#3814, "RE: squeeking when turning"
In response to Reply # 3

power steering fluid???

Chris Dishmon
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com or
chrisdishmon@yahoo.com (pretty original, huh?)

http://www.threebrain.com/weeeeee.html

1990 GSX (14.1 in the 1/4 mile, so far)
1997 RS (it just looks neat)
http://www.homestead.com/klipzracer/index.html

Twobuf4uNov-11-01 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
285 posts,
#3815, "RE: squeeking when turning"
In response to Reply # 4

Sounds like you have air in the lines. Try bleeding them and see if that helps. That was my problem.

Black Sapphire '96 RS w/ Blitz Kit
AEM CAI,AFX UDP,Apexi N1 Exhaust,NGK BKR-5e11 Plugs,Magnecore Wires,Primax 496 17's w/ Falken Azenis Tires,Blue Interior Lights,Greddy Shifter Knob-Boot-Pedals, TYC Black Taillights

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #3810 Previous topic | Next topic