Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24796
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?" Previous topic | Next topic
tomatotJul-19-04 11:06 PM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24796, "Poll question: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"

If you like your rotor and you find it without problem, could you take part in the poll.

If you DON"T like your rotor, please post the reason and what's going on with it!

Thanks a lot!

I hope this poll will be useful for people who is looking for new rotor.

Poll result (7 votes)
Stock Rotors? (1 votes)Vote
any rotors from anywhere ? No need to care ! (0 votes)Vote
Brembo? (4 votes)Vote
Powerslot Rotors (2 votes)Vote
Others? Please specify your brand ! (0 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamDR1665Jul-20-04 05:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24797, "RE: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 0

I say Brembo, but keep in mind that Brembo does not make any cross-drilled and slotted rotors. If it's got both, it's been modified and likely won't be covered under their warranty. This information comes direct from Brembo. I have a good friend here who got the shaft when his Brembos (actual Brembos) began to rust. When they machined them to drill the holes in them, the second party company messed up the anti-corrosive coating from the factory.

Just an FYI. Besides, slotted rotors are more structurally sound. They will wear your pads down sooner, but which is cheaper to replace, ya know?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiJul-20-04 09:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#24802, "RE: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-20-04 09:42 AM by WickedESi

I got the shaft a while back when I thought I had slotted cross-drilled brembo rotors and they began to crack at the cross-drills. There has been a Corvette that slammed into a wall at 70 mph while auto-crossing when his slotted crossdrilled "brembo" rotors cracked and got lodged in the brake caliper, locking up his wheel.

I vote geniune Brembo.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

tomatotJul-20-04 07:32 PM
198 posts,
#24808, "RE: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 2

ic... thanks for info

so, Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors are BAD!

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

run4cvrJul-20-04 08:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#24809, "RE: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by tomatot
ic... thanks for info so, Brembo cross-drilled and slotted rotors are BAD! thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!

DR1665 is talking about me... My GSX cross drilled and slotted rotors started to rust a few months after i installed them. Now, my first set of the Brembo crossdrilled/slotted rotors that replaced my stockers never rusted. I had them on for a year and the guy i sold them too hasnt had a problem with them either.

John 96 GS

tomatotJul-21-04 02:50 PM
198 posts,
#24827, "RE: Which kind of rotor do you use with Eclipse Turbo?"
In response to Reply # 0

So, everyone here are happy about Brembo Rotors?

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24796 Previous topic | Next topic