Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24583
View in linear mode

Subject: "KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....." Previous topic | Next topic
davo345Jul-01-04 09:35 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2003
510 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24583, "KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."

...is the combination any good?

bobin' and weavin' in traffic. No other place i'd rather be .

^^^^^EVERYTHING HAS TO GO.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., jdpilot, Jul-01-04 10:01 AM, #1
RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., EclipsedChef, Jul-01-04 10:29 AM, #2
      RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., turbo8u, Jul-01-04 11:08 AM, #3
           RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., 98starGS, Jul-01-04 11:59 AM, #4
                RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., jdpilot, Jul-01-04 01:39 PM, #5
                     RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., davo345, Jul-01-04 01:46 PM, #6
                          RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....., iculookn, Jul-03-04 04:05 PM, #7

jdpilotJul-01-04 10:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24585, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 0

No, go with Konis if you gotta have the sportlines. I am extrememly happy with that setup. I had KYBs. They rode like hell, bottomed out all the time in the front. I called KYB and they stated the fronts were manufactured using the galant frame and were incorrect. Regardless, I got full credit for them and swapped them for Konis through summit. Save yourself the frustration. Get he Konis, Tokicos are great too@!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipsedChefJul-01-04 10:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
#24586, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 1

i have tokico blues with my sportlines and i LOVE THEM. I got the front(and the rear are the same) shocks for 138 shipped, so for 276 you've got yourself a nice little setup. The tokicos are about 20 dollars a piece cheaper than the agx's

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
Fidanza Cam Gears NGK Wires
AFX UDP Greddy Header
Gutted Cat Greddy Evo Catback
Energy Suspension MMI Eibach Sportlines
Tokico Blues...always more to come

turbo8uJul-01-04 11:08 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#24587, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 2

i had agx and sportlines, i was slammed aqnd my car handled like a fuckin beast. i have some vids too, it was pretty merciless but the coilovers i have now blow em out of the water

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

98starGSJul-01-04 11:59 AM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#24588, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 3

i'm running this set up right now and i love it. car sticks haven't bottomed out like ^^ said yet. i think it rides like it should have from the factory.

jdpilotJul-01-04 01:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#24591, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 4

Hmmm, maybe KYB fixed the problem. I experienced that like 3 years ago so its possible. Lates./

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

davo345Jul-01-04 01:46 PM
Member since Jul 15th 2003
510 posts,
#24593, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by jdpilot
Hmmm, maybe KYB fixed the problem. I experienced that like 3 years ago so its possible. Lates./

one would hope . It's time for some actual quality suspension.

Anyone wanna ceremoniously burn my dropzone coilovers?

bobin' and weavin' in traffic. No other place i'd rather be .

^^^^^EVERYTHING HAS TO GO.

iculooknJul-03-04 04:05 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
216 posts,
#24609, "RE: KYB AGX adj. + Eibach Sportlines....."
In response to Reply # 6

im slammed on tokico blues w/ sportlines. no complaints here.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24583 Previous topic | Next topic