Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24575
View in linear mode

Subject: "help with sportlines!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
wicked4Jul-01-04 04:12 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24575, "help with sportlines!!!!!!"

did anyone have to roll the rear fenders so your tires didnt rub when turning hard or over bumps? i have 225-40-18's on it.. please help

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, ez, Jul-01-04 09:31 AM, #1
RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, farmdogg55, Jul-01-04 09:38 AM, #2
      RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, bigmcell, Jul-03-04 08:16 AM, #3
           RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, Diceman19, Jul-03-04 01:34 PM, #4
                RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, iculookn, Jul-03-04 04:02 PM, #5
                     RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!, 98starGS, Jul-06-04 03:13 PM, #6

ezJul-01-04 09:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#24582, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I didn't, nor the guy I bought them from and I have 215/17s. though I do know someone this did have to roll his fenders with sportlines. maybe you'll be lucky

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

farmdogg55Jul-01-04 09:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#24584, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Same setup as you, didnt roll my fenders. I would hear it when I went over a bump fast(never happend that often), but never when turning hard.

bigmcellJul-03-04 08:16 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2003
306 posts,
#24606, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

the only time i hear them rub: in reverse at full cranked to the right. other than that my sportlines never rub on my 18's

been awhile.

Diceman19Jul-03-04 01:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#24607, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

what size tires does everyone have? i have 235/40 and i have some little slice marks on the rear outsides. i also have a feeling that the inside is hitting that thing that is at the top. i know when i hit some kind of bump on the interstate it def hits something.

iculooknJul-03-04 04:02 PM
Member since Jan 03rd 2003
216 posts,
#24608, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

i didnt have to roll my fenders and im on sportlines.

98starGSJul-06-04 03:13 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#24645, "RE: help with sportlines!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

i got those slices in the sides of my tires and i ended up cutting out that lip under the fender carefully and using apoxy so i didn't get any rust in my fenders.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #24575 Previous topic | Next topic