Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2330
View in linear mode

Subject: "Struts???????" Previous topic | Next topic
WhiteLightingMay-15-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2330, "Struts???????"

How can you tell if your struts are gone? What will the car feel like while you are driving if your struts are gone? I think mine may be! Thanks guys!

If you can conceive it...you can acheive it!!!
'96 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanMay-15-01 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2331, "RE: Struts???????"
In response to Reply # 0

they would either be leaking or bottoming out on bumps. basically if you notice a significant worsening of ride quality. another test is to push down hard on the corner of the car above the strut you think is blown, if the strut is still good, the car will rebound back to its original position after one bounce or so...on the other hand, if the strut is bad, the car will bounce up and down several times before stopping still. mine bounce like 8 times, i just ordered my new struts

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WhiteLightingMay-15-01 02:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
#2332, "RE: Struts???????"
In response to Reply # 1

When I get up to speeds of 50 and above the car starts making like a bumping sound. You can feel and hear it. It sounds as if something in the suspension is loose and is rubbing up and down. In other words I can hear and feel a bump and someone told me it may be my struts. My suspension is stock as of now. What do you think?

If you can conceive it...you can acheive it!!!
'96 RS

95ESiMay-16-01 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#2333, "RE: Struts???????"
In response to Reply # 2

Well if you go over a bump and you feel your car jilt, jiggle, jolt from after the bump, then you know your struts are going...

Boost is GOOOOOOOD!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2330 Previous topic | Next topic