Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23094
View in linear mode

Subject: "SS Brake Line Questions" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiMar-20-04 10:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23094, "SS Brake Line Questions"

Scenario:
I have GSX front calipers, and rear disc (Eagle Talon ESi), what model should I get the SS brake lines for? GSX? (I don't know if the rear disc are differen't on GSX's).

What kind and where should I buy the SS lines? (I'm on a budget)

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJasonESi_TMar-21-04 01:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23112, "RE: SS Brake Line Questions"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-21-04 02:17 PM by JasonESi_T

Originally posted by WickedESi
Scenario: I have GSX front calipers, and rear disc (Eagle Talon ESi), what model should I get the SS brake lines for? GSX? (I don't know if the rear disc are differen't on GSX's). What kind and where should I buy the SS lines? (I'm on a budget)

I bought my SS lines from RRE. They're very nice, but get the best deal you can.

The rear disks are the same BTW for ALL models. Also, I recommend getting some speedbleeders if you can. I bought some and they made a WORLD of difference in ease of bleeding and assurance that all the air is gone.

After installing those SS lines, Axxis MM pads, X-drilled/slotted rotors on my GSX front brakes and rears...man o' man!

I barely have to push the brake pedal down halfway and the car just stops! (even though Chyrsler Kid made his beliefs known that we barely need bicycle brakes to stop your car, I ASSURE everyone that modding your brakes are terrific and important mods!)

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiMar-21-04 01:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#23115, "RE: SS Brake Line Questions"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-21-04 01:55 PM by WickedESi

Heheh, that post by CK made me laugh, I guess it's just my imagination to why my car stops faster and brakes handle better now that I've upgraded them.

Thanks again Jason!

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

AdministratorCODE4Mar-21-04 02:25 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#23117, "RE: SS Brake Line Questions"
In response to Reply # 2

Bicycle brakes? yeah.... DSMs are pretty heavy and I think the majority of street driven DSMs suffer from warped rotors to some degree due to our UNDERsized rotors. GSX or any other big brake kit is well worth it, IMO.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23094 Previous topic | Next topic