Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22548
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit" Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiFeb-19-04 11:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22548, "Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"

Where's the cheapest place to order the Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, mcgyvr, Feb-21-04 08:47 AM, #1
RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-22-04 05:44 PM, #2
      RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, WickedESi, Feb-22-04 06:53 PM, #3
           RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-24-04 05:53 AM, #4
                RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, WickedESi, Feb-24-04 06:23 AM, #5
                     RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, iamnotwhoiam, Feb-24-04 10:34 AM, #6
                          RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-25-04 06:40 AM, #7
                               RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, WickedESi, Feb-25-04 01:54 PM, #8
                                    RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, Pitchblack98, Feb-25-04 03:58 PM, #9
                                         RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit, WickedESi, Feb-25-04 08:15 PM, #10

mcgyvrFeb-21-04 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22567, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-21-04 08:51 AM by mcgyvr

well this place has them for $116 http://www.7453217467431.com/browse/assBrowse.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=897239&affID=2982&bmUID=1077393113640

and this for $111
http://www.suspension.com/mitsubishi.htm

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

iamnotwhoiamFeb-22-04 05:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#22589, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 1

www.roadraceengineering.com also has them

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

WickedESiFeb-22-04 06:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22590, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks guys

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

iamnotwhoiamFeb-24-04 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#22617, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 3

no problem.. plus.. good luck installing them when you get them.. we had a "fun" time when getting them installed on my car.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

WickedESiFeb-24-04 06:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22618, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 4

I'm sure it will be, sike. I want my car to handle good since it's my daily driver, and I put 7 hrs of highway miles on it every weekend.

Is it absolutely neccessary to have a press? I plan on burning them out and cutting the metal rings w/ a hacksaw, and then pushing the new ones in with a 1 foot c-clamp.

iamnotwhoiamFeb-24-04 10:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#22623, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 5

im not sure if its possible to get them in there with a clamp.. but hey.. if you want to try.. you may be the first.. may take longer too..

you can burn them out, but that may take a long time too.. i had to burn out at least one bushing and it took forver.

-Jason

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-25-04 06:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#22636, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 6

I'll spare you the headache now. Don't even bother with the c-clamp. The c-clamp will actually twist itself off the bushing before you even get enough force behind it to pop the bushing in. If you have access to a press use it. It will be much easier. I hope you know what your in for. Between a friend and myself doing the bushings on my car was an all day project and we even had access to a lift and a press and my dads friends shop.

WickedESiFeb-25-04 01:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22641, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm gonna buy a press eventually so I think I'm gonna go ahead and get one before I start the project.

Pitchblack98Feb-25-04 03:58 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#22642, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 8

put the bushings in the freezer the night before you plan on installing them. I installed a kit on a RX7 and it took longer to get the old ones out than to put the new ones in. I left them in the freezer overnight and they just slide right in by hand. I also greased them up so they didnt squeak and that may have helped get them in to. Granted it wasnt an eclipse i put them in and it could be different, but i wouldnt think it would be. Give that a try.

WickedESiFeb-25-04 08:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22646, "RE: Where to buy Energy Supension Hyperflex Bushing Kit"
In response to Reply # 9

Ah nice idea thank you,

We here at 2gnt use our kitchen appliances for other things than cooking such as our ovens and freezers

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22548 Previous topic | Next topic