Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22476
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which shifter bushings to go with?" Previous topic | Next topic
My9t5TalonFeb-15-04 12:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22476, "Poll question: Which shifter bushings to go with?"

Gonna' be buying a B&M short throw from RRE, but wasn't sure about the advantages from each shift kit...which do you guys think I should go with and why?

I was just going to buy it all from RRE (it would be easier, get it all at the same time too), but wanted to get opinions of both kits from you guys first!

Thanx!

Poll result (12 votes)
Urethane Bushings from RRE - $13 (1 votes)Vote
Symborski Shift Kit from MachV - $36 (11 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, SilverRS, Feb-15-04 02:23 AM, #1
RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, Doug96GS, Feb-15-04 06:20 PM, #2
      RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, Remy, Feb-15-04 06:37 PM, #3
           RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, foggy45, Feb-16-04 04:41 PM, #4
                RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, Skrilla, Feb-17-04 11:10 AM, #5
                     RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, juggalo, Feb-17-04 11:33 AM, #6
                          RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, My9t5Talon, Feb-17-04 07:34 PM, #7
                               RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, My9t5Talon, Feb-18-04 03:12 AM, #8
                                    RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, ughhhead, Feb-18-04 07:53 AM, #9
                                         RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, foggy45, Feb-18-04 05:00 PM, #10
RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, ronjeremy525, Jan-18-07 10:05 AM, #11
RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?, sek95GS, Jan-18-07 11:09 AM, #12

SilverRSFeb-15-04 02:23 AM
Member since Aug 03rd 2003
274 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22477, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 0

The one from Mach V is made of metal and will make a big difference. I love it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSFeb-15-04 06:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#22490, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 1

B&M + Symborski =
Trust me.

RemyFeb-15-04 06:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#22491, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by Doug96GS
B&M + Symborski = Trust me.

yup

^^Pretty much sums up my dsm life^^

Member # 333

foggy45Feb-16-04 04:41 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#22500, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 3

second that

should have come with the car.
definitly one of the best mods you can do

SkrillaFeb-17-04 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22513, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by foggy45
second that should have come with the car. definitly one of the best mods you can do

I 3rd that your shit will shift like butter unless you can't work a clutch

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

juggaloFeb-17-04 11:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#22514, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 5

i had the energy suspension ones and they worked hella good. i switched to the Symborski ones and now it doesn't go into gear as easily.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

My9t5TalonFeb-17-04 07:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#22519, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 6
Feb-17-04 07:35 PM by My9t5Talon

well...I guess the votes are really at 5-1 opinions (9-0 votes) with Symborski leading...I'll wait until Fri. to order it, keep the opinions coming!!!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

My9t5TalonFeb-18-04 03:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#22520, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 7

well...I LIED!!! I couldn't wait until Fri., I ordered them early this morning while I was bored at work...I'm going with the Symborski Kit...I may wait until Wed. afternoon to order my shifter though (stupid CC company, has my old address on the card!)...so excited!!!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

ughhheadFeb-18-04 07:53 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#22521, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 8

symborski is the shit. don't even mess around with anything else. you are gonna be a happy ass dude when you shift. i promise.

foggy45Feb-18-04 05:00 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#22525, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 9

Make sure you have a towel ready the first time ya shift!

ronjeremy525Jan-18-07 10:05 AM
Member since Nov 10th 2006
59 posts,
#30065, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 0

anybody got an web address for this shift kit??

sek95GSJan-18-07 11:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
406 posts,
#30067, "RE: Which shifter bushings to go with?"
In response to Reply # 11
Jan-18-07 11:23 AM by sek95GS

Good job bringing back a post from the dead....

Here ya go:

http://www.machv.com/symshifkit1.html

Gabe

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22476 Previous topic | Next topic