Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22031
View in linear mode

Subject: "eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?" Previous topic | Next topic
nightwolf2369Jan-21-04 02:22 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22031, "eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"

i plan on getting the tokico blue shocks and front and rear ingalls camber kits. also i have 17"s with 225/45/17 tires. i can't decide which springs to get. which ones would be better? thanx for the help guys.

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, bullox, Jan-21-04 02:30 PM, #1
RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, HiOnPSI, Jan-21-04 04:21 PM, #2
      RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, eclipse_gs_1512, Jan-21-04 04:28 PM, #3
           RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, Diceman19, Jan-22-04 02:29 AM, #4
                RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, GorkoRacing, Jan-22-04 04:45 AM, #5
                     RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, BMPDirk, Jan-22-04 09:05 AM, #6
                          RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, Remy, Jan-27-04 10:56 AM, #7
                               RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, Doug96GS, Jan-27-04 11:15 AM, #8
                                    RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, FuSi0N, Jan-27-04 02:25 PM, #9
                                         RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, 95greenhrcgs, Jan-27-04 02:41 PM, #10
                                              RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, Teamner947, Jan-27-04 03:43 PM, #11
                                                   RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jan-31-04 06:28 PM, #12
                                                        RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, hawaiidiverx, Feb-01-04 09:24 AM, #13
                                                             RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Feb-01-04 04:48 PM, #14

bulloxJan-21-04 02:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22032, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 0

ask EvulFlea, he's had just about every set of springs ever made for the 2g

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HiOnPSIJan-21-04 04:21 PM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
2745 posts,
#22033, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 1

H&R hands down, i believe. I hate my sportlines, they are too low and too uncomfortable for a motherbitch like myself.

Jon

1997 Eclipse RS

13.887@104.648 5/30/03

www.haiokuracing.com

eclipse_gs_1512Jan-21-04 04:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#22034, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 2

yup, stay away from the sportlines! I had mine on for about 6 months and couldn't stand the ride so i switched over to prokits, much more comfortable ride

2007 wrx

Diceman19Jan-22-04 02:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22040, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 3

pro kits are not an option though. i love my sportlines. a performance or even a modified suspension is not going to be comfortable perse, it all depends on what you want. i say sportlines, but i have never used h&r so i cant compare them.

GorkoRacingJan-22-04 04:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#22041, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 4

I have prokits and love em but I have read up on this a lot and see most people who get sportlines eventually switch over because they dont like them. H&R makes a good spring comparable to the prokits i hear so I'd say go with H&R

BMPDirkJan-22-04 09:05 AM
Member since Jul 24th 2002
1288 posts,
#22043, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 5

H&R imo. i have had mine for two years, awesome.

RemyJan-27-04 10:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#22136, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 6

I have the H&R's and I had the Sportlines and imo they both suck. Go with the pro-kits imo.

ajna st4r: how much would that suck
ajna st4r: black... and like 5inches
ajna st4r: you got JIPPED

Member # 333

Doug96GSJan-27-04 11:15 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#22137, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by Remy
I have the H&R's and I had the Sportlines and imo they both suck. Go with the pro-kits imo.

Word.

FuSi0NJan-27-04 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#22140, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 8

I had sportlines before my H&Rs. The sportlines feel a lot looser spring rate and set the car uneven leaving the rear lower than the front. H&Rs are stiffer and leaves the car settled lower in the front and higher in the back. Both springs work great for what they were designed for, and they'll add a much more aggressive stance to your car. But if ride quality is a big factor in what you're looking for and you want something that feels closer than stock, I'd say go with Prokits.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

95greenhrcgsJan-27-04 02:41 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
1420 posts,
#22141, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 9

Ditto here. I hate my Sportlines. When I get the cash I am going for Pro-kits.

Jonathan
95 Eclipse GS
8 injector
Hahn Stage 3.5
Howell 2.2L Stroker

T O T A L L E D, T H A N K S T O S O M E A S S H A T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teamner947Jan-27-04 03:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#22142, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 10

i have sportlines too. they make the car look cool because they sit so low, but i scrape on a lot of stuff and the ride quality isn't that great. i'm thinking about going nuts and saving up for Teins and EDFC. i certinly haven't done a suspention upgrade in about 2 years...

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

xEclipsE RaceRxJan-31-04 06:28 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#22192, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 11

H&R Race Springs

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild. Now I have a major oil leak by my rear main seal =(*

hawaiidiverxFeb-01-04 09:24 AM
Member since Aug 13th 2003
198 posts,
#22194, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 12

to go a little off topic..for the money you are going to spend why not save a little more and get Tein coilovers???? you can get basics for about 650-700 and ss's (which are much better) for about 900...if you are dead set on the blues might wanna go with tein S-tech or H-Tech springs...they are better than both the H&R and proline/sprotsline springs, and are usually cheaper...

-Mike

xEclipsE RaceRxFeb-01-04 04:48 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#22202, "RE: eibach sportlines vs. h&r race springs... which would you get?"
In response to Reply # 13

I just bought some true coilovers last month for $440 shipped to my door. They are Toser 16 way adjustable coilvers. I havent got a chance to really test them out yet, but so far they are great.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

"Mommy financed...Mommy certified"

Check Out My Site For Pix
http://home.comcast.net/~eclipseracer/Page/Home.htm

*Done with Project: Low Comp. Rebuild. Now I have a major oil leak by my rear main seal =(*

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22031 Previous topic | Next topic