Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20142
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..." Previous topic | Next topic
NackersSep-24-03 11:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20142, "WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."

Ok, I went to the Dodge dealer today to get prices on the parts for the rear sway bar (to attach it). On RM's site they say that it is cheaper to do it through dodge, about $145 total. So I go there and here is what they say (Part #, Name, Dodge $$$, RM $$$, Mitsu $$$):

MB864728 (Control arm)= $73ea.///$45ea.///$56.18ea.

MB892982 (End Link)= $37ea.///$15ea.///$19.97ea.

MB515245 (Bracket)= $6.70ea.///$8ea.///$9.94ea.

MS440504 (Nut)= $2.63ea.///$1ea.///$2.10ea.

MF241251 (Bolt)= $1.70ea.///$1ea.///$2ea.

Totals for all nessesary parts:

Dodge total= $213.72

Mitsubishi total= $188.58

Mix and match total (cheapest from each)= $177.96

Is there somewhere to get all this for cheaper or is this just the normal prices? TIA

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NackersSep-24-03 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20151, "RE: WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."
In response to Reply # 0

Anyone? I don't need this stuff for like another 2 weeks, so if anyone was just goin down to either of thoes dealers to look at something, could ya check it out? TIA.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaSep-25-03 08:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#20186, "RE: WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."
In response to Reply # 1

hmm probably costed me like 50 bux for all my stuff hehe the junkyard is a wonderful place isn't it.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

MCubed45Sep-26-03 09:51 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#20202, "RE: WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."
In response to Reply # 2

mach v sells what you need for $160...
http://www.machv.com/rmracswaybar1.html

doesn't RM let you buy it through them or something? ok maybe not i just looked at their site again...
http://www.rernetworking.com/rmdsm/stabilizerbars.html

is it only RM and suspension techniques that makes sway bars for us? i think the RM's were the thicker ones. haha the ST's are silver though...

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix TypeX CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM 12.5" X-Drilled/Slotted Rotors

255 is fricken short

NackersSep-27-03 06:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#20207, "RE: WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."
In response to Reply # 3

Actually the ST's are gunmetal/dark grey... just got them yesterda .

MCubed45Sep-27-03 08:40 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#20208, "RE: WTF? parts for rear sway bar (People who know prices)..."
In response to Reply # 4

cool
haha i never liked how suspension parts come in all these random colors... i mean people coordinate their engine bays an stuff but then you've got like different colored shocks, springs, and bars...
but i guess you could paint or something. and yea i know they're not there to look pretty but hey it wouldn't hurt.

how d'you like the ST bars? i still haven't decided which ones to get eventually (RM or ST)...

-marc

='95 RS 5spd Red=
Matrix TypeX CAI
A'pexi Turbo N1
Nakayama GT5 17's
Ractive STB
GSX Calipers
AEM 12.5" X-Drilled/Slotted Rotors

255 is fricken short

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20142 Previous topic | Next topic