Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19149
View in linear mode

Subject: "illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?" Previous topic | Next topic
develitateJul-27-03 01:38 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19149, "illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"

would it be a bad idea to have two different shocks on my car? Illuminas up front and blues in the rear? ill probably go with sportlines or pro-kit as well.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, turbo8u, Jul-27-03 01:54 PM, #1
RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, Mannyyy, Jul-27-03 02:19 PM, #2
      RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, develitate, Jul-28-03 02:27 AM, #3
           RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Jul-28-03 03:57 AM, #4
           RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-28-03 01:08 PM, #5
           RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, Mannyyy, Jul-28-03 06:04 PM, #6
                RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?, develitate, Jul-28-03 07:32 PM, #7

turbo8uJul-27-03 01:54 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19150, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

i'd just go with illuminas all the way around, why not? dont u wanna corner better? lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MannyyyJul-27-03 02:19 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#19152, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jul-27-03 02:20 PM by Mannyyy

Depends, cause you won't be able to do anything about it if you want more oversteer. I have Illuminas up front and AGX's in the back and they work fine. I have them set at the second to stiffest setting and the car is pretty neutral.

-Manny

develitateJul-28-03 02:27 AM
128 posts,
#19155, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 2

ok, thanks. the only reason im thinking of going this route is because I can get 2 illuminas and 2 hp blues for around $100. Hey Mannyy, what kind of springs do you have and how much do they lower?

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-28-03 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#19157, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 3

where can you get the illuminas n blues for that cheap??? i dont enjoy the fact of paying almost 500 dollars jus for shocks.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram intake
magnecore 8.5mm wires
blocked off EGR
front/rear strut tower bars
GSX dual piston calipers

TeamXtremeRSJul-28-03 01:08 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#19162, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 4

If anything, esp if you want to go drag racing, i would put the adjustables in the rear, that way you can set them stiff to help keep the front end from tilting up when launching, giving you better traction at the front wheels.. although this will not help you adjust for better front steering like mentioned above..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

MannyyyJul-28-03 06:04 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#19163, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have Arospeed coilovers, lowered around 2" or so.

-Manny

develitateJul-28-03 07:32 PM
128 posts,
#19165, "RE: illuminas up front and blues in the back, bad idea?"
In response to Reply # 6

I dont have the choice of illuminas up front or on the rear. I
just came across a really good deal on two sets of mismatched
shocks, so I want to make sure its worth the trouble to get
them and install them. Thanks for the info though 

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19149 Previous topic | Next topic