Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19015
View in linear mode

Subject: "3rd Gen RX7 wheels" Previous topic | Next topic
95ALLmotorFWDJul-19-03 10:15 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2002
203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19015, "3rd Gen RX7 wheels"

well just picked up some powdercoated black Rx7 wheels, now what size spacer do i need or what size are people using

Boostless and loving it!
Way to many mods to list!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, notagst, Jul-20-03 07:17 AM, #1
RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-20-03 10:42 AM, #2
      RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-20-03 10:54 AM, #3
           RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, 95ALLmotorFWD, Jul-20-03 04:33 PM, #4
                RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, 95ALLmotorFWD, Jul-20-03 08:06 PM, #5
                RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-20-03 08:06 PM, #6
                     RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, BoostedGS, Jul-21-03 04:17 AM, #7
                          RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, CopperEclipse96, Jul-21-03 05:21 AM, #8
                               RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, BoostedGS, Jul-21-03 05:44 AM, #9
                               RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-21-03 05:59 AM, #10
                                    RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-21-03 06:03 AM, #11
                                         RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jul-21-03 08:00 AM, #12
                                              RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, BoostedGS, Jul-21-03 08:21 AM, #13
                                                   RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, CopperEclipse96, Jul-21-03 10:27 AM, #14
                                                        RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jul-21-03 10:48 AM, #15
                                                             RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, 95ALLmotorFWD, Jul-27-03 07:42 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels, J, Jul-28-03 11:35 AM, #17

notagstJul-20-03 07:17 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
94 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19018, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 0

no spacer needed, although the hubs on the 2 front wheels will poke through the center caps. I shaved my hubs up a little bit. But you can probaby use a 2 to 3mm spacer and rememdy the problem.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JJul-20-03 10:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19019, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, U don't HAVE 2 use a spacer... but I'd suggest it, also the tires in the back (depending on size) will also hit the control arm.

Nifty!
- J

- J

JJul-20-03 10:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19020, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh yeah, almost 4got........ how bout some pics?!? Wanna C them black

- J

- J

95ALLmotorFWDJul-20-03 04:33 PM
203 posts,
#19022, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 3

well can get pics till there on, wont be on till i know what size spacer i need and i want to use them however i am using 225 tires so please get back to me

Boostless and loving it!

95ALLmotorFWDJul-20-03 08:06 PM
203 posts,
#19024, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 4

Bump.......anyone please help me out!if somone can help ill donate some funds to the site! i have been meaning to do it forawhile

Boostless and loving it!

JJul-20-03 08:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19025, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 4

U've got mail... sent U a book

hehehe,
- J

- J

BoostedGSJul-21-03 04:17 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#19027, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-21-03 04:19 AM by BoostedGS

>Bump.......anyone please help me out!if somone can help ill
>donate some funds to the site! i have been meaning to do it
>forawhile

Like the guys said above, you don't NEED a spacer if you don't mind the center cap poking thru. Or you can just get a small spacer and you'll be fine. My friend has the RX7 rims on her Talon with 5mm spacers. Here's a pic....

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

CopperEclipse96Jul-21-03 05:21 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#19028, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 7

goly shit those are sexy. how much would I pay to get a set of those? those look a lot better than most aftermarket rims, and they would be good for performance too, since I'm guessing that they are wider than most. if I could get them for pretty cheap, I might have to start looking. I want more pics!!!

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

BoostedGSJul-21-03 05:44 AM
1329 posts,
#19029, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 8

Yes they are wider, 16x8 to be exact! And they also only weigh 13 lbs each!! My friend is actually selling those rims right now. She's going with a big brake upgrade, so she can no longer use 16" rims. They have Victoracer V700 245/45/16 race rubber on them. $600 + shipping. Add $50 if you want the set of 5mm spacers too.

More pics....

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

JJul-21-03 05:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19030, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 8

The 3rd Gen Mazda RX-7 rims R 16x8's weighing ~13lbs/ea... U can Xpect 2 pay ~$500 4 a set of 4 w/ tires. ThePartsTrader.com is where I found mine (Mazda > Mazda Rotary > Wheels & Suspension). There's usually @least 1 person selling a set @ any given time.

I paid $600 4 mine, but I got 4x 95% brand new Bridgestone S-02 Pole Positions, 2x 30% Yokowhatevero , and unchipped caps from a guy only 1.5 hours away (no shipping). That's 6 tires total My friend, copy cat , ALSO got a set (cause he liked mine) 4 like $350-400... but his tires were crap & needed 2 B replaced pretty soon + he had 2 pay shipping. So they're about $500+/-.

P.S.
allMotor, didn't 4get about U... I'm @ work, will EMail U when I get home & find my washers. Oh the joy of rummaging

- J

- J

JJul-21-03 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19031, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 10

ARGHhhhhhh, U beat me 2 it! LOL Also, just thought... U CAN put the caps on the back rims if U want, the hub pin doesn't stick through. Just B careful going around tight corners & watch 4 bumps cause U WILL hit.

- J

- J

xEclipsE RaceRxJul-21-03 08:00 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#19032, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 11

I wonder if those would fit with gsx dual piston calipers?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

BoostedGSJul-21-03 08:21 AM
1329 posts,
#19033, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 12

>I wonder if those would fit with gsx dual piston calipers?

Yep, that Talon in the pics I added above is a TSi AWD with the dual piston caliper brakes.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

CopperEclipse96Jul-21-03 10:27 AM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#19037, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 13
Jul-21-03 10:31 AM by CopperEclipse96

i couldn't find any. what should I search for? that site is confusing. tia.

EDIT: also, if I bought some without tires, about how much would it cost for a set? I want some good quality tires, without having to give up an arm and a leg.

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

xEclipsE RaceRxJul-21-03 10:48 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#19038, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 14

I want to get me a set now, powdercoat them black and put sum slicks on them, I'll use them when I goto the track, then use them in the winter with some big 245 tires...mmmm sounds good

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

95ALLmotorFWDJul-27-03 07:42 PM
203 posts,
#19154, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 15

Man these things are sweet, i used a 5/16's spacer which is a 1/4 basicly, man my car looks mean as hell now, i aldo decided to swap out the shitty 15$ rear camber mod for extreme motorsports 40$ camber mod, only i got it for 30 cause i work there now, any who i will post pics asap, most likely tomamrow when i have time to wash her up, but btw i went to the trak with them and went from a 16 flat to a 15.7, this is because of the wieght and i can launch now cause of the much much wider tire and traction i actually get! all the dsm guys at the track were in a trance staring at my car cause of the wheels and my 1/4 mile time

Boostless and loving it!

JJul-28-03 11:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19160, "RE: 3rd Gen RX7 wheels"
In response to Reply # 16

That's great! Yes, pics pleaz There is a definate difference both in going (down in your case) to a 16" and weight for sure. Anyways, I'm glad U're like them

- J

- J

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19015 Previous topic | Next topic