Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1790
View in linear mode

Subject: "Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!" Previous topic | Next topic
WhiteLightingApr-17-01 12:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1790, "Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"

Okay I wanna lower my car but I do not know a thing about what to do. What do I need if I wanna drop about 1.5" What is the best product that isn't too steep on my wallet. I wanna get springs so what else will I need? Camber kit, shocks??? Let me know everything I should get to minimize tire wear and to maintain a smooth non-bumpy ride. Thanks guys!

If you can conceive it...you can acheive it!!!
'96 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-17-01 01:47 AM, #1
RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!, 99GSBBTurbo, Apr-17-01 07:18 AM, #2
RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!, GSsport, Apr-17-01 12:22 PM, #3
      RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!, cyan, Apr-18-01 07:10 AM, #4
           It really all depends on the springs..., Skrilla, Apr-18-01 10:41 AM, #6
RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!, TeamJasonESi_T, Apr-18-01 07:24 AM, #5

TeamMichael_97RSApr-17-01 01:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1791, "RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"
In response to Reply # 0

Go Eibach Pro Kit. Your stock struts won't last a year, probably 6 months. I'd get Tokico non-adjustable struts. I think you'll need a rear camber kit. Maybe not.I think the front should be okay. I'm not too sure on the camber kits. Anybody...

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

99GSBBTurboApr-17-01 07:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#1792, "RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"
In response to Reply # 1

I got Sportline springs and Tokico N/A struts, and a 4 wheel Camber kit. My car rides like a Catty compaired to my friends lowered cars. But I've heard the Prokit is the best?

You have to figure $70each for Tokico N/A Struts, $200 for Eibach sportline or Pro kit, and another $100 something for the Camber kit. Plus install, unless you have the time and experience? It can get pretty expensive.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

GSsportApr-17-01 12:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#1793, "RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"
In response to Reply # 2

I just lowered my car with Eibach Pro-kit springs and Tokico non-adjustable shocks...I am 100% happy with the results in looks, handling, and looks. Well worth the money spent...I'd go with that if I were you.

cyanApr-18-01 07:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1794, "RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"
In response to Reply # 3

nah your struts wont go out in a year. ive had my car lowered 2" since october of '98 and its been lowered 4" since about 3 months ago. im still on the stock struts, they still have full travel and are still riding perfectly. (which had 12K on them before i lowered them). we arent driving honduhs, the stock struts will last you plenty of years to save up for some aftermarket ones if you cant afford them at first.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

SkrillaApr-18-01 10:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1795, "It really all depends on the springs..."
In response to Reply # 4

I know that mine we done in about 2 months with my GC so it depends on how strong the springs are you're purchasing. Some good lowering springs for stock shocks are progress. My friend has had his for 2 years and ZERO problem, but his car is a dump truck compared to mine with my susepnsion so it all depends. If you want just better handling get the springs. If your goal is more demanding then consider a better setup than just springs and inexpensive aftermarket struts

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamJasonESi_TApr-18-01 07:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#1796, "RE: Suspension gurus Help me make a decision!"
In response to Reply # 1

LAST EDITED ON 18-Apr-01 AT 12:24 PM (PST)

As Michael said, get the Eibach Pro-kit, Tokico N/A's. I was able to purchase all of that for about $300 at Carparts.com with a 33% discount. It gave me close to a 1.5" drop AT LEAST. (personally, it looks like it may be even lower...it's what I use)

All the camber you probably will need for this is the $40 REAR camber kit from RRE. ( http://www.roadraceengineering.com ) It's specifically made for this combination.

Please use the "Search" option in the future. It's already been answered probably in a more detailed fashion in the past.

Good luck!

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1790 Previous topic | Next topic