Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16922
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these." Previous topic | Next topic
FuSi0NApr-08-03 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16922, "Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."

Thank god for tax refunds. Well I'm in the market for some new shocks to replace the stockers that are currently on my car, as most of you know I am riding on H&R Race springs so some of you can imagine the ride quality of my car as it is. I'm leaning toward a set of adjustable Tokio Illuminas for some quality stuff. What does everyone think of these? Are they worth the 400+ dollars? How long do they last with the springs that I have on, hopefully they don't blow prematurely because of the harshness of the springs. And one more final question, for those who have Tokio Illuminas, what are some of your popular adjustment settings? TIA

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., Weezle745, Apr-08-03 07:46 PM, #1
RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., Chamuko, Apr-08-03 08:37 PM, #2
      RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., Jen, Apr-10-03 06:11 AM, #3
           RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., Clay, Apr-10-03 10:09 PM, #4
                RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., 9D9 MITSU RS, Apr-12-03 10:04 AM, #5
                     RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., FuSi0N, Apr-12-03 06:08 PM, #6
                          RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., Weezle745, Apr-13-03 02:57 PM, #7
                          RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., flossinpnoyracer, Apr-15-03 10:28 PM, #8
                               RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., MotoFool, Apr-16-03 06:41 AM, #9
                               RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these., FuSi0N, Apr-17-03 06:32 AM, #10

Weezle745Apr-08-03 07:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16933, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 0

i have illuminas and i like them. i dont switch the settings that often. However i like the stiffest setting best (5) but it is also really bumpy. I usually drive with them at their softest setting (1). Get them, you'll like them.

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoApr-08-03 08:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#16935, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 1

they come with a lifetime warranty.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

JenApr-10-03 06:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#16972, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 2

I've had the H&R Race springs and Tokico Illumina combo for almost 2 years now and really like it. The illuminas really absorb some of the harsh stiffness from the H&Rs. I'd definately recommend that combination. I have mine set on 3 up front and 4 in the back most the time.

BTW, I got mine from Shox.com. Sometimes they make it a little difficult to order, but I only paid $78.00 a piece. I think it was $322 for the set including shipping.

Jen
95 Eagle Talon ESi
97 Mitsubishi Spyder GS-T
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

ClayApr-10-03 10:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#16981, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah 322.00 is a great price! Loving my Illuminas, 2 Front & 3 Rear.

95 GST | So-Cal

9D9 MITSU RSApr-12-03 10:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#17002, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 4

>Yeah 322.00 is a great price! Loving my Illuminas, 2 Front &
>3 Rear.
sounds familiar.

FuSi0NApr-12-03 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#17013, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 5
Apr-12-03 06:19 PM by FuSi0N

I called shox.com and quoted me 429 plus tax and shipping, they seemed to be appalled and not cooperative when I asked them to sell them to me for 322, the best they could do was offer them to be at 424. I just jumped into my car and drove down the block to Road Race Engineering and picked them up for 425 out the door. Mabe the guy who was selling them for 322 was on his lunch break smoking on his phat bong.

Weezle745Apr-13-03 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4068 posts,
#17037, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 6

i guess i got a good deal
barely used (5k miles) illuminas + sportlines for $100

--- My 2gnt WIKI contribution ---> http://www.jamlez.com/2gnt

97 Eclipse Spyder

flossinpnoyracerApr-15-03 10:28 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#17069, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 6

>I called shox.com and quoted me 429 plus tax and shipping,
>they seemed to be appalled and not cooperative when I asked
>them to sell them to me for 322, the best they could do was
>offer them to be at 424. I just jumped into my car and drove
>down the block to Road Race Engineering and picked them up for
>425 out the door. Mabe the guy who was selling them for 322
>was on his lunch break smoking on his phat bong.

hey ab you live down south now?

MotoFoolApr-16-03 06:41 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#17070, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 8

well for now 322$ is below my cost and probably below rre's cost so there no way your gettign a deal like that for a while unles they are used 425$ isn't bad i had a grop buy for 20-30$ cheaper but noone seemed to care,

good luck with them phat new shocks mang!

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

FuSi0NApr-17-03 06:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#17081, "RE: Tokio Illuminas? Need some insight on these."
In response to Reply # 8

>hey ab you live down south now?
>
Whats up Rob? Yeah I moved down to socal last september cause I lost my job up there and found another one down here.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16922 Previous topic | Next topic