Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15520
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installing Strut Bar" Previous topic | Next topic
BlakeW5Feb-06-03 02:54 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2003
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15520, "Installing Strut Bar"

What have you guys used to put your strut bars on with? I just ordered one, and it doesn't come with bolts. Do I need to use bolts, washers, and nuts, or can I use screws? Also, do I just bolt it down, on do I need to secure it from underneath the wheel well (I hope you see what I'm tryin to say).

97 Eclipse GS
- Ebay CAI
- Ebay Dual Tip Muffler
- Ebay Front and Rear Strut Bars
- Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Installing Strut Bar, Teamner947, Feb-06-03 06:59 PM, #1
RE: Installing Strut Bar, juggalo, Feb-06-03 10:47 PM, #2
RE: Installing Strut Bar, raul, Feb-07-03 05:30 AM, #3
RE: Installing Strut Bar, TeamDR1665, Feb-07-03 11:47 AM, #4
      RE: Installing Strut Bar, espilcEGS, Feb-10-03 11:52 AM, #5
           RE: Installing Strut Bar, Remy, Feb-14-03 10:40 AM, #6

Teamner947Feb-06-03 06:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15526, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

for an upper strut tower bar, you use the exsisting (14mm?) bolts that hold part of the suspention together. mine crappy ebay bar did't come with any bolts either. washers are always a good idea, to make it so the thing doesn't bend or anything.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloFeb-06-03 10:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#15529, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 1

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

raulFeb-07-03 05:30 AM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
91 posts,
#15532, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, you just unscrew the bolts that are already there, mount the plate and screw it back down. Real easy install.

1996 Eclipse GS *Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust-Iceman intake-Greddy Headers-Top Fuel UDP-Front strut tower brace-MSD 8.5mm wires-NGK plugs-ES mm inserts-APEX Short shifter-Tenzo 1.5" lowering springs-F&R crossed drilled/slotted rotors-Tokico Blues

TeamDR1665Feb-07-03 11:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#15537, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 3

make sure the car is on the ground (as in don't jack it up) obviously..

espilcEGSFeb-10-03 11:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#15597, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 4

Just keep in mind that when you adjust the bar, you want it to push the strut towers out.

05 STi

RemyFeb-14-03 10:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6156 posts,
#15725, "RE: Installing Strut Bar"
In response to Reply # 5

Make sure car is flat on the ground then unbolt the 3 14mm bolts on upper strut damper unit and there u go. It takes no more than 15 min.

baby jasiah at 2 weeks old !

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15520 Previous topic | Next topic