Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15364
View in linear mode

Subject: "HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
DirtyJan-29-03 03:00 PM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15364, "HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"

I'll try to make this short but informative.

I started out with coilovers, and the car had a harsh ride. It felt like everytime I hit a bump that something was gonna break. I installed some GR-2's and things weren't much better. I said fuck this and bought some H&R Sport Springs. It was like no other. The ride was perfect. It's felt just like stock. The problem here was that I was fucking up my tires because the camber was off. I bought some new tires and a week later I installed my "Specialty Products" camber kits. I got an alighnment the next day and now everything is SHIT!!!

I thought it was the shocks that might have fucked up while driving to get the alighnment so I replaced the Gr-2's with Tokico Blues.
That wasn't the problem. I love Tokicos but the ride is even worse now because they are stiffer than the GR-2's.

Why can't this shit be right for a change!?! Does anyone know what can be done to fix this shit before I go back to the OE Springs and camber shit. If it's the camber kits,I will get some new ones but if thats not it there will be a DSM full of bullet holes! I'm tired of spending money and not getting anywhere! FUCK!

Sorry for the venting. But I think it might have helped.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, RoadRacingDSM, Jan-30-03 03:23 AM, #1
RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, Amish_Eclipse, Jan-30-03 09:14 AM, #2
      RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, Dirty, Jan-30-03 11:39 AM, #3
           RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, blk97eclipse, Feb-01-03 03:26 PM, #4
                RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, flossinpnoyracer, Feb-06-03 10:14 AM, #5
                     RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, RoadRacingDSM, Feb-07-03 03:43 AM, #6
                          RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, espilcEGS, Feb-10-03 12:00 PM, #7
                               RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!, Dirty, Feb-10-03 03:44 PM, #8

RoadRacingDSMJan-30-03 03:23 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2002
127 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15377, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

First instead of buying sets of non-adjustable shocks over and over again. Get some Illuminas. Also alignment kits usually use urethane bushings. These bushings themselves will make the ride a little firmer. I think the problem is the shocks dont have enough damping force for the springs that you have chosen. Get some adjustable shocks, also check tire pressures. An over-inflated tire can be rough as hell.

2005 Evo 8

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseJan-30-03 09:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15380, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

^^yeah, also you bought new tires. unless these are the same exact tires i would say these could be causing a difference. you'd be surprised how much of a difference good tires will make. it's possible that your tires are causing the difference. adjustable struts would help rememdy this a good bit but good tires are always a must.

what tires did you get?

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

DirtyJan-30-03 11:39 AM
1405 posts,
#15386, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

I have Kumho Tires. Good ones.

Things were great with shitty shocks, kumho tires, and H&R Sports.
I just had excesive camber and needed an alighnment.

Things were shit with shitty shocks, Kumho tires, H&R Sports, with camber kit and alighnment.

What I'm trying to say is that everything went to shit after camber kit install and alighnment. I'm asking if you guys think it's the camber kit or something else.

I would buy another camber kit but if that doesn't fix it I swear this is the end of the cars life.

The upper control arms are alot higher since the alighnment. They hit the fenders until I beat them with a mallet. I got the 3.25 adjustment, should I have gotten the 1.25?

"Natty Ride"

blk97eclipseFeb-01-03 03:26 PM
Member since Jan 13th 2002
131 posts,
#15403, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

First of all yeah....you should have gotten the 1.5. Also the tires you have are fine. Get some adjustable shocks, take some time to tune the settings. After that you should be just fine, as H&R springs are not that stiff in the first place.

flossinpnoyracerFeb-06-03 10:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#15514, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

any aftermarket setup you do INTIME you will get a harsh ride again

RoadRacingDSMFeb-07-03 03:43 AM
Member since Aug 14th 2002
127 posts,
#15530, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 5
Feb-07-03 03:44 AM by RoadRacingDSM

Mine was never harsh. I had my shocks and springs for 2 years. H&R sports with Illuminas. Never harsh and it handled very well. Everyone that rode in my car loved how it handled well and did not make you piss blood afterwords. You just have to match the spring rates with the dampener rates. Not too hard to do....it just takes a little research and time. I also was riding on 18x8 OZ F1's and 225/40/18 tires.

Also what is harsh to others may not be to me, or you, or somebody else. If you dont like the ride of a stiffer suspension keep it stock. I think the guy just needs some adjustable shocks to soften it a bit.

2005 Evo 8

espilcEGSFeb-10-03 12:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#15598, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

In all seriousness, you might as well go back to stock.

05 STi

DirtyFeb-10-03 03:44 PM
1405 posts,
#15603, "RE: HELP!!! CAR RIDES LIKE SHIT!!!"
In response to Reply # 7
Feb-10-03 03:48 PM by Dirty

Fuck stock! I got the Ingalls on now (still not that much better) and I've pretty much given up on any comfort. I'm gonna be getting my wife an Avenger here shortly, and my car will be the local car and the Avenger the road trip car.

Fuck it all! I just can't win with this fucking thing. I'll just except it as bad karma or something.

"Natty Ride"

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15364 Previous topic | Next topic