Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14535
View in linear mode

Subject: "What tire would you buy?" Previous topic | Next topic
2hot97GSDec-28-02 12:05 PM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14535, "Poll question: What tire would you buy?"

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Tires, Doug96GS, Dec-28-02 01:27 PM, #1
RE: Tires, juggalo, Dec-28-02 03:11 PM, #2
      RE: Tires, mrlocalpimp, Dec-28-02 03:19 PM, #3
           RE: Tires, UNSpooled95GS, Dec-29-02 06:55 AM, #4
                RE: Tires, Mystic511, Dec-30-02 04:16 AM, #5
                RE: Tires, juggalo, Dec-30-02 04:23 AM, #6
                RE: Tires, fasterGS, Dec-30-02 01:56 PM, #7
                RE: Tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Dec-30-02 02:15 PM, #8
                     RE: Tires, thedawg, Dec-31-02 07:50 AM, #9
                          RE: Tires, Teamner947, Jan-04-03 08:06 AM, #10
                               RE: Tires, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jan-04-03 07:07 PM, #11
                                    RE: Tires, Karl, Jan-05-03 12:25 PM, #12
                                    RE: Tires, Jen, Jan-06-03 05:58 AM, #13
                                    RE: Tires, espilcEGS, Jan-07-03 02:08 AM, #14

Doug96GSDec-28-02 01:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14536, "Tires"
In response to Reply # 0

I had the Dunlop SP 8000's on my car before my G-Force T/A's. Granted, my suspension was stock when I had the Dunlops, but I would still go with the G-Force T/A's again if I had to pick.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloDec-28-02 03:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#14537, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 1

cause flat tires suck ass

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

mrlocalpimpDec-28-02 03:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#14538, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 2

You dont seem to have my tires on the list. They are CONTINENTALs baby. Discount tire told me they were the cheapest I could buy.... But Im thinking they lied to me, and there is cheaper. Damnt. Ill get the cheapest next time for sure.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

UNSpooled95GSDec-29-02 06:55 AM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#14539, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 3

yokohama AVS es-100.Hands down the most comfortable, grippy, good looking , and long wearing tire ever made.Kills Nitto's!

Green 95 GS 5-speed
Engine--PCP cold air intake,Greddy header,Accel 8mm wires,OBX custom exhuast.

Suspension/Brakes--Sprint 2' springs, KYB Gr2's, EBC Red Stuff pads,17" Konig Traffiks (silver), 215/45/17 Yokohama AVS ES100's, 15 dollar camber kit.

Mystic511Dec-30-02 04:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#14540, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 4

kumho's hands down. They're relatively cheap and very good in wet conditions.. also, extremely quiet.. on my car they didn't even squeal when i peeled out.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

juggaloDec-30-02 04:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#14541, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah a 'cum ho' is used to very wet conditions
sorry, i just had to. since there have been alot of post about tires lately and cumho tyerz keep being mentioned, i just can't get it outa my head.
cum ho
cum ho
cum ho.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

fasterGSDec-30-02 01:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14542, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 5

>kumho's hands down. They're relatively cheap and very good
>in wet conditions.. also, extremely quiet.. on my car they
>didn't even squeal when i peeled out.

Its funny you post that, because we experienced the opposite with the Kuhmos on the celica. Very noisy tire, not very good handling either. I am going with the paradas next for the eclipse, I love the way the tread looks on those.

Jasvb TS2K2Dec-30-02 02:15 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#14543, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 4

>yokohama AVS es-100.Hands down the most comfortable, grippy,
>good looking , and long wearing tire ever made.Kills
>Nitto's!

I agree. I had the Nitto 555 on 18's
Now on stock wheels I can say the Yokohama's are great. A little bumpy ride for me but it's a Kung Fu Grip.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2

weasle745: and then to top it off, im not even an attractive guy. I look like Millhouse from the Simpsons, cant put on weight if my life depended on it, etc

thedawgDec-31-02 07:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#14544, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 8

Bridgestone Potenza RE-92 (stock): Worst tire ever. Crashed in the rain.

Bridgestone Potenza RE-730: Good all around, great stopping distance, not so good cornering (lateral g's).

Dunlop SP Sport A2: Amazing cornering & lateral G's A+. Follows ruts and grooves BAD. Braking ok, acceleration traction fair.

Teamner947Jan-04-03 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#14545, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 9

i'd go with the yokohama's because they're pretty good and pretty cheap. of course, if i had the cash, i'd get the Bridgestone Potenza S-03's.

EDIT: i currently have a set of yokohama avs intermediates. i like them a lot. in september, i needed new tires so i went on tirerack to get a set and they were about to discontinue them and i got a deal: $67 a piece. it was pretty sweet. they wear kind of fast though, my last set i got about 18,000-20,000 miles on them.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

9D9 MITSU RSJan-04-03 07:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#14546, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 10

spec 2's. I've heard that the kumho's really suck. bad tread wear and not very grippy. Never tried them tho. I am planning on trying parada spec 2's pretty soon.

KarlJan-05-03 12:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#14547, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 11

It all matters on how much you want to spend. If you are on a tight budget, it is hard to beat the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712. You can easily find 16" applications under $100. Of course if you have more funds available, check out the Toyo Proxes, Bridgestone Potenzas, Kumho Victoracer, and Yokohama ES-100, among others.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

JenJan-06-03 05:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#14548, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 12

Nitto 450

Tried several others and always go back to the Nittos

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

espilcEGSJan-07-03 02:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#14549, "RE: Tires"
In response to Reply # 11

>spec 2's. I've heard that the kumho's really suck. bad tread
>wear and not very grippy. Never tried them tho. I am
>planning on trying parada spec 2's pretty soon.

I would take a look at the AVS ES100. It is the tire above the Parada and is about the same price.

05 STi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14535 Previous topic | Next topic