Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1403
View in linear mode

Subject: "Thoughts on tires?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamMichael_97RSMar-30-01 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1403, "Thoughts on tires?"

I've narrowed my tire choice down to two. Both in 225/45/ZR-17

Bridgestone Potenza RE-730
Good Year Eagle F1 GS-D2

I'm leaning towards the Bridgestones, Any experiences with either? What are your thoughts?

Thanks guys.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
you really can't go wong with either, ModeratorVX100, Mar-31-01 11:13 AM, #1
I ditto that..., Skrilla, Mar-31-01 11:46 AM, #2
      RE: I ditto that..., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-01-01 11:03 AM, #3
           Beware of Ratings..., Teameclipse804, Apr-01-01 11:16 AM, #4
           804's right but..., Skrilla, Apr-01-01 02:06 PM, #6
                good choice, ModeratorVX100, Apr-02-01 12:19 AM, #7
                     hehe...have you seen Juan new rims?, Skrilla, Apr-03-01 01:40 PM, #8
                          nope, haven't seen them, ModeratorVX100, Apr-04-01 12:21 AM, #9
RE: Thoughts on tires?, sharkdog1987, Apr-01-01 11:32 AM, #5

ModeratorVX100Mar-31-01 11:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1404, "you really can't go wong with either"
In response to Reply # 0

if you want to check out tirerack.com they will list reviews of different brands of tires so you can see what other people think of them

I think with most modern high performance tires today you really can't go wrong.

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaMar-31-01 11:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1405, "I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 1

...they are both good tires BUT the Bridgestones have a treadwere rating of 300 and hold a traction rating of AA. Both these numbers are better than the Goodyear's 180 and A. I would get the Bridgestones.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamMichael_97RSApr-01-01 11:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1406, "RE: I ditto that..."
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah I was leaning to the Bridgestones for the ratings they got. Both have good warrranties from the loo kof it, The GS-D2 did list a 50k mile warranty. Bridgestones was based on tread wear. But did have a higher rating than the GoodYear warranty on tirerack.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Teameclipse804Apr-01-01 11:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1407, "Beware of Ratings..."
In response to Reply # 3

Hey guys, you have to beware of these treadwear ratings. Each company rates its OWN tires. That's why you can't compare between brands. That's also why all Nitto tires have a treadwear rating of 300 even though they don't last super long. I found this out a while ago when researching what tire to get...also, I didn't know that high performance tires had warranties? If my Dunlop SP8000 lasted under 20k miles, is there any warranty?

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

SkrillaApr-01-01 02:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1408, "804's right but..."
In response to Reply # 3

I just purchased Juans 16x8 RX7 rims (HELL YA!!) and I'm putting on the bridgestones! I'm not too particular on the good years because I've had some in the past but there are just too many good things I'm seeing about the Potenzas, you GOTTA GET THE RE-730's! Anyway I'm trying Pirelli P8000's on my Einkei Zokus for distance driving with some performance but I want these RE-730's for daily abuse(that only I know how to giv ) on my newly acquired RX-7 rims.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!

ModeratorVX100Apr-02-01 12:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1409, "good choice"
In response to Reply # 6

I like the RX-7 rims too, for handling you can't go wrong with them. Nice and wide to support the tire.

What I'm wondering is, why Juan let them go Does he have some secret plans for his car no one is telling us???

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

SkrillaApr-03-01 01:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1410, "hehe...have you seen Juan new rims?"
In response to Reply # 7

VERY NICE!! I'm surprised by how light they are! My Enkeis are 21lbs each at 16X7. These RX7 rims are 16X8 at 16 pounds. Even lighter than the 23lb stock 14" rims. BadAss

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

ModeratorVX100Apr-04-01 12:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1411, "nope, haven't seen them"
In response to Reply # 8

Hopefully Juan will post some pics!

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

sharkdog1987Apr-01-01 11:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#1412, "RE: Thoughts on tires?"
In response to Reply # 0

PARTY ON DUDES!!! Ijust ordered the RE730's today 225/45/17'sI'll let u know how i like them they will be on next weekend.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1403 Previous topic | Next topic