Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1397
View in linear mode

Subject: "19 inch question" Previous topic | Next topic
NotRiceMar-29-01 11:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1397, "19 inch question"

will i have to roll my fenders or anything to make 19s fit? als0o anyone know of any good looking 19s other than the konig tantrums or adr gt sports? thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

GregMar-29-01 01:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
392 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1398, "RE: 19 inch question"
In response to Reply # 0

Yep they fit fine!
(19") 215/35-19......24.925 inches
(18") 225/40-18......25.086 inches
(stock) 205/55-16......24.877 inches

Greg Williamson
1999 Eclipse GS "Sport" (Sold)
Star Stage III
12.817 @ 109.36

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Armond30Mar-29-01 04:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#1399, "RE: 19 inch question"
In response to Reply # 1

if your car is lowered, you may have scrubbing problems. I have 225/35/18's on my car with +35 mm offset on 8 inch wheels, and they BARELY BARELY don't scrub the fender under HUGE bumps. I think I have seen a little black mark on my front inner fender once in my car's life, and that tire is definitely smaller than a 40 series 225.

have fun!

cyanMar-29-01 07:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1400, "RE: 19 inch question"
In response to Reply # 2

ive never seen a 215/35 19" tire but if greg says theres one out there maybe there is, mine are 225/35 19s and my rear fenders are rolled. it depends on your lowering though. my first 18s rubbed in the back with a 2" drop, now nothing rubs with a 4" drop in the 19s. the axis se7en's look good in 19s also the racing hart C5, T5, Z5000, and M5 also look damn good.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

99GSBBTurboMar-29-01 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#1401, "Cayn how did you roll the back fenders???"
In response to Reply # 3

I have 225/40/18 and my back pasanger side rubs!! But that's only cause I have a heavy ass box with two 10's in my trun

I went to see if I could get my back fenders rolled and to see how much it would cost, and they said that they couldn't do it cause first, it would ruin the paint, and second, it is double walled?? That it would push the outer fenders out and bend them?? They told me to do that baseball bat thing. It's not that bad, so I haven't done anything yet, but I would like to still. How did you get your's done??

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

cyanMar-30-01 07:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#1402, "RE: Cayn how did you roll the back fenders???"
In response to Reply # 4

first it's CYAN, not cayn, anyway, my mechanic did it he jst cut off a small strip of metal about a foot long and a half-inch wide. they are double walled like they told you so you cant trim much or it will split. you could try a jigsaw.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1397 Previous topic | Next topic