Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11763
View in linear mode

Subject: "Looking for a strut bar ....." Previous topic | Next topic
OZ_GSAug-26-02 03:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11763, "Looking for a strut bar ....."

^^^^^ that goes over the oil cap area away from the intake manifold. I recently put in a Corbin spacer and my strut bar just barely hits when going in reverse. Any suggestions??

I am looking for inexpensive and polished.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., a_miller_76, Aug-26-02 11:39 PM, #1
RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., OZ_GS, Aug-26-02 11:54 PM, #2
      RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., techboy, Aug-31-02 03:21 PM, #3
           RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., OZ_GS, Aug-31-02 06:27 PM, #4
                RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., My9t5Talon, Aug-31-02 09:55 PM, #5
                     RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., OZ_GS, Sep-01-02 04:05 AM, #6
                          RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., techboy, Sep-01-02 07:02 AM, #7
                               RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., Bird of Prey, Sep-01-02 12:59 PM, #8
                                    RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., OZ_GS, Sep-01-02 02:45 PM, #9
                                         RE: Looking for a strut bar ....., BuckNutty, Sep-01-02 10:36 PM, #10

a_miller_76Aug-26-02 11:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11764, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 0

Totally unrelated, where'd you get your Corbin Spacer?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OZ_GSAug-26-02 11:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#11765, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 1

I bought that intake setup that was for sale a while back. It included a bored TB, ported Intake mani, Corbin Spacer, and all the gaskets. I installed it a couple of weeks ago and just now got the strut tower bar reinstalled.

Chad

MODS:
3" PVC CAI, GST Muffler, Greddy 4-1 Header, AFX UDP, 55 mm bored TB, P&P Intake Manifold, Corbin intake spacer, gutted cat, Apexi S-AFC, KYB AGX Struts, Eibach Prokits, Excel TZ-10 Rims

techboyAug-31-02 03:21 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#11766, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 2

OZ GS - So are you saying you want one of the ones that goes over the oil cap?? Should I assume yours currently doesn't? If so, I have one that goes over the oil cap and would love to trade for one that doesn't. Mine is polished (bomz). Drop me a line here or at gahman2@yahoo.com

AEM CIA|SpiralMax|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|GST Exhaust|Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|Front/Rear strut bars|
Coming:55mmTB

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

OZ_GSAug-31-02 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#11767, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 3

Well yeah thats what I was saying....but I think I found a better solution... I ended up buying the motor mount inserts so my engine won't move so damn much. It only hit the strut bar when the engine rocked forward in reverse. I think the engine mout inserts will cure the issue. If it doesn't then I will let you know and we can work out some sort of trade deal.

Chad

MODS:

My9t5TalonAug-31-02 09:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#11768, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 4

does anyone know what brand of bars don't go over the oil cap?...I need one to compliment my Neuspeed bar...tia!

William 'Tha.Will' McGroarty

~*Roary*~
Sick Skillz

OZ_GSSep-01-02 04:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#11769, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 5

I bought the bar set from Procarparts.com

It goes over the intake mani. If you do secide to go this route then I wouls suggest some stronger 8 grade bolts on the ends. The ones that came with it bent a little after a month or so and I ended up having to break them off. The bars work great though and look real nice IMO.

Chad

MODS:

techboySep-01-02 07:02 AM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
#11770, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 6

Visually, mine looks exactly like yours, except it runs over the oil cap, so if the motor mount thing doesn't work out, let me know and we can swap!

AEM CIA|SpiralMax|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|GST Exhaust|Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|Front/Rear strut bars|
Coming:55mmTB

1999 Eclipse GST 4G63

Bird of PreySep-01-02 12:59 PM
Member since Mar 31st 2002
8 posts,
#11771, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 7

I just bought the same bar Chad has. I got it from MachV. It's a OBX Racing Bar that cost about $70. I really like it alot. Very strong bar and looks good too.

--JIM--
98' Eagle Talon FWD
HahnRaceCraft S-20G Stage V

HRC S-20G @18PSI, Front Mount, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, PortFueler, JE Pistons, Crower Rods, Spec Stage 4 Clutch, Quaife LSD, MSD Dis2 Ignition, Crower #14 Cams, 1mm oversize valves, Ported Head, Melling Oil Pump, etc. etc

OZ_GSSep-01-02 02:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1067 posts,
#11772, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 8

http://www.procarparts.com/store/displaydetails.cfm?pid=FRSTB-95ECLIPNT2

Here is the link where I got mine. Its $55 + shipping for the front and rear bar. I am sure its just a knock off of some kind.

Like I said I am really happy with them.

Chad

MODS:

BuckNuttySep-01-02 10:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#11773, "RE: Looking for a strut bar ....."
In response to Reply # 9

I have a cheapo ebay set. But for the front i noticed that if you switch around the two mounting brackets they will be backwards and with a tad bit of machining, or a hacksaw , you would be able to mount it backwards. Ie, one over the oil cap, and one over the intake mani.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11763 Previous topic | Next topic