Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11561
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
TytanfoxxAug-17-02 07:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11561, "Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"

Murphy's Law is definitely effect here, just installed my springs on the clipse the back is damn near slammed and the fronts are high as shit, Im getting 4 fingers here Im scatching my head on this one, the the struts are seated but I don't understand why there is so much fron fender well gap when these are supposed to be lowering springs 1.75 to 2.00. There were 4 or 5 Honda guys at the shop and they were dumbfounded too, anyone, any ideas, maybe they sent me the wrong springs??????????

Loved By Few-Hated On By Many
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=47122&ck=

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter*Indy Sequential Shifter Knob*Grabber Green/Orange Brake Caliper Color Mod*(:waryAryton Sienna R*I*P Orange/Green Engine Color Scheme) Maxspeed Catback System*18" Konig Black Opal Verdicts wrapped in Toyo Proxes FZ4's*Front Strut Tower Bar*Indiglo Gauges*MT4 Indiglo Pedals*Eibach Sportline Springs*$$$ Coming NER Stage 1D Turbo Kit and Gauges on order

BOOST!-Tis far better to have it and not need it-than to need and not have it.

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
DownAzzDSMAug-17-02 07:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
346 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11562, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 0

Wierd, Maybe the fronts are on the back, and the backs are on the front? No that wouldn't be right... I can't help ya man.

Steve
Black 97 GS
First time at track 16.231 @ 86.11 (Intake & Exhaust/ 17" rims)
Best time- 14.154 @ 101.22
W/O N2O- 15.916 @ 88.98

Magnacor

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jdpilotAug-17-02 08:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#11563, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 0

Sounds like the wrong ones to me. If you reversed the install, fronts rears, you would've had reverse effects of what you have. I have sportlines on Konis, no issues like that. Even if you didn't cut the bumpstops correctly, it wouldn't have made that BIG of a gap. My first guess is wrong sprngs since you are confidant the struts are seated ok, unless you have some big ass subs and a 1200 lb bottle of NAWWWZZZ back there...lol

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

TytanfoxxAug-17-02 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#11564, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 2

Good points guys I checked everything, there are serial #'s on the springs that end in f or r to let you know front and rear, and the struts seat all the way into the wishbones. I even thought it may be the kyb struts but still I should have seen some kind of reductions I definitely feel that these springs may be the wrong ones, they ride great and feel good but my car looks awful, like I do have 2 50 gallon tanks of nos in the back of my ride

96 Black GS
Fog Light Mod*Custom Built Foxx 2K2 Short Air Intake* Foxx 2k2 Short Shifter*Indy Sequential Shifter Knob*Grabber Green/Orange Brake Caliper Color Mod*(:waryAryton Sienna R*I*P Orange/Green Engine Color Scheme) Maxspeed Catback System*18" Konig Black Opal Verdicts wrapped in Toyo Proxes FZ4's*Front Strut Tower Bar*Indiglo Gauges*MT4 Indiglo Pedals*Eibach Sportline Springs*$$$ Coming NER Stage 1D Turbo Kit and Gauges on order

96 Black GS

taloniizedAug-17-02 09:42 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#11565, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 3

Is your camber off on the rear? If it is, then put on a camber kit and it'll help. I had that problem too....

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

TytanfoxxAug-17-02 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#11566, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 4

Hadn't thought of that one, I still have to do the $15 camber mod on the rear, but I just changed over from maxspeed coilovers and they dropped the fronts with no problems, they just rode horribly and made me seasick on the highway, gonna do some more looking around and call Eibach on Monday maybe somebody made a boo boo, my bumper stops were cut and they move freely up and down when I reach in under the fender. Thanxx for all the info guys

96 Black GS

96 Black GS

trdberdAug-18-02 02:20 AM
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
48 posts,
#11567, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 5

i put my sportlines on about a month ago and has a similar experience. it seemed like it lowered the back way more than the front but i think that is because there is a much bigger gap up front to begin with.(before sportlines 3-4 fingers in back and 6-7in front). but now that i have had them on for a while they settled out good and the back i can barely get one finger in and the front i can get barely get two. i would wait a little to see how they settle before you go taking them off. hope this helps

TytanfoxxAug-18-02 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#11568, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 6

I seriously doubt that it's gonna settle out that much but who knows, at this point I starting to feel that it's gonna come down to the strut perch being to high or somehow the springs are defect, gonna go back to the shop and look around.

96 Black GS

96 Black GS

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-18-02 03:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#11569, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines*WTF%^&%^&"
In response to Reply # 7

leave em on for awhile longer, and see if they settle, if not take em back. patience is a virtue, sometimes in certain situations.

96 Talon ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
front/rear strut tower bars
custom painted interior
carbon fiber hood

I contributed to the Wiki.

TytanfoxxAug-18-02 06:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
255 posts,
#11570, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines-End Result"
In response to Reply # 8

:+ I feel like kicking my own ass after this one, decided to go back to the shop and see what exactly the deal was with these springs, WELL! To my amazement and the total of 15 million cool points I discovered that the strut perches were upside down on both sides GEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZ AND A BIG DUHHH My Bad! Chalk it up to simple human error because when I remove the coilover collars, I kept the perches from the struts just in case, so when I installed the springs I didnt pay any attention to the strut perch, Hince out foxxing this foxx. all in all to the credit of my mistake those thinking of installing springs here's one for the archives, the sportlines are awesome springs my car rides like it did at stock height eventhough it's a hair from being slammed, no bottoming out I give them 4 thumbs up Thanxx again everyone for the advice

96 Black GS

96 Black GS

jsupetranAug-19-02 02:09 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#11571, "RE: Eibach Sprotlines-End Result"
In response to Reply # 9

i got eibach prokits and at first, i though that the result sucked cause after a month it was installed., the car looked uneven. the front was a lot higher and a i was pissed but i waited for a month more to decide whether send then in or not but finally, they settled and i love the look. just wait a little while and call eibach to see if this is normal for sportlines to behave.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11561 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic