Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11120
View in linear mode

Subject: "Brake problems, Please help" Previous topic | Next topic
HDW823Jul-28-02 05:36 AM
Member since Feb 10th 2002
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11120, "Brake problems, Please help"

I have been having problems with the brakes on my car lately. The pedal feels kind of spongy and at times when i need to stop fast it goes all the way to the floor, or hits the stopper. I have replaced the rotors and pads on the front, and also the master cylinder. I bleed the whole system several times, but there is still no change. I have rear drums and i have not replaced them. If any one has any suggestions or has had similar problems please help me out.

Thanks

Heather

95 RS, AFX Underdrive Pulley, Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces, Front Lower tie bar, OBX Header, Final Drive Mod, Konig Traffic rims with Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires, Accel Spark Plug Wires, Dynomax Exhaust, Optima red top Battery, Air Intake, Z3 Fenders (T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KarlJul-28-02 10:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11121, "RE: Brake problems, Please help"
In response to Reply # 0

It seems like you have to bleed your brakes. I know you have done it everal times as you have mentioned, but try it again. Might still be some air bubbles in it and check the installation of the brakes.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSJul-29-02 05:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#11122, "RE: Brake problems, Please help"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, try what Karl said. I had that same problem when I did my first brake job. I had to bleed them like three times before I got all the air out. It might help you a lot to get a set of speed bleeders to make it easier....I eventually did.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

dudasdJul-29-02 05:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#11123, "RE: Brake problems, Please help"
In response to Reply # 2

Check your rear brakes and adjust them too. I know they don;t play a huge role in stopping but they made a world of difference in mine once adjusted. One of the guys in our club is a Mopar tech and he was cussing at me for having to pull my e-brake up so much and when we did my UDP he cleaned and adjusted the rear brakes and they made a world of difference in stopping and all. Definitely adjust them and bleed everything again and see if that helps.

ChamukoJul-30-02 01:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#11124, "RE: Brake problems, Please help"
In response to Reply # 3

you guys are gonna think im a dumbass but i got the same prob after i took my car to have its brakes change. I could stop on a dime, now i push it to the floor and cant make the tires screech . btw how do you bleed the brakes?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11120 Previous topic | Next topic