Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10878
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags" Previous topic | Next topic
DallasYoungJul-16-02 11:09 AM
Member since Jul 16th 2002
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10878, "Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"

I need to know everything about airbags...

How much?

Cylanders or Compressors??

Good for a daily driver?

Do they Mess up handling??

How do they work?

Do the compressors have to be on for me to deflate/inflate bags?

Are the compressors loud??

Whats good about them??

Whats bad about them??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, DVSJAY, Jul-16-02 07:16 PM, #1
RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, DallasYoung, Jul-17-02 04:28 AM, #2
      RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, DVSJAY, Jul-17-02 06:56 AM, #3
           RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, DallasYoung, Jul-17-02 02:43 PM, #4
                RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-18-02 06:19 AM, #5
                     RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, Amish_Eclipse, Jul-18-02 11:01 AM, #6
                          RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, DallasYoung, Jul-18-02 12:31 PM, #7
RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags, Da0utlaw, Jul-19-02 03:51 PM, #8

DVSJAYJul-16-02 07:16 PM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#10879, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know everything but I'll try

How much?
Depends on your setup if u want the basic I say $999 but that's without install of course. I really good one is like 1200. with a nice size compressor.

Cylanders or Compressors??
Compressors it's kinda like hyros but different. you are using it inflate and deflate airstuts.

Good for a daily driver?
Yeah sure Limos use them and big rigs use them buses and so on, my friend has one and it's cool.

Do they Mess up handling??
Well yeah you won't be able to handle as well as a guy with a some springs and gas shocks. I won't try to take a turn very hard. remember your riding on air it's not stiff or tight.

How do they work?
Well u have it's pretty simple you have a set of 4 airstuts with a pillow at the top each stut connets to one end of the compresser which is controled by by swiches remote what have you. push the switch one way it gose up thr otherway it gose down Like hyrdos. the more swtiches the more u can do.

Do the compressors have to be on for me to deflate/inflate
bags?

Yes

Are the compressors loud??
There not like the ones u use to fill your car up with air, they are quite until u use them

Whats good about them??
ride quality, Easyness to rise and lower your car. very popular at cars shows damn near all the cars have one. Gives u that droped to ground look sitting on tires. Fun to play with, nice crowd pleaser.

Whats bad about them??
Cost!!, No handles, Weight, Honestly unless you enter carshows alot it's not worth it. Plus i understand the bags break sometimes. I thought about them but I want to go to the track once in a while. I remember one guy with a yellow 2gnt i met in LA he had a set up he put on for shows and took off for daily driving, he said it took him under an hour to go back and forth, No thanks I stick to my coilovers I can do in 10 mins or less. Also I'm not usre but ithink u might get some uneven tire wear.
I get some with my coilovers but my friends' is 10 times worest with his setup on bags.

I hope this some help I don't know everything but I try,

Jay

also check out rickyracer in az their number is 1-888-761-0687 they have cheap setups they might be able to answer anything i left out oven got wrong, most of my friends got there stuff through him.

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DallasYoungJul-17-02 04:28 AM
29 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10880, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the help. Ill prolly get them b/c my eclipse is ALL SHOW. Alos where did you get your car painted? How much was it? And what is the color code of the name? Thanks for you help.

DVSJAYJul-17-02 06:56 AM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#10881, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 2

My friends and i painted my car it wasn't easy and I don't ever want to do it again. We kept messing up, were not pros just a bunch of guys, The paint was like 500 with the blue pearl and flakes. THe color code, not sure not sure there is one. It's just viper blue, I'm going to have it re done next year after my engine work is done and interior redone, I was going to go with a true pearl well see i'm always changing my mind. I'm going to pay to have this done this time. or pay my friends to do it again i'm not helping.

Jay

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

DallasYoungJul-17-02 02:43 PM
29 posts,
#10882, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 3

Well damn it looks like a $5000 paint job!!

9D9 MITSU RSJul-18-02 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#10883, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 4

There is an eclipse around here with bags. He was saying bags aren't really for daily driving, so he got a beater and just drives his eclipse to shows. It's supposed to be getting featured in lowrider euro soon. Anyhow, he said the cylinders/bags require a lot of maintenance on daily driving b/c dirt, water, etc can get in them.

Amish_EclipseJul-18-02 11:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#10884, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 5

in the future please don't double post

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

DallasYoungJul-18-02 12:31 PM
29 posts,
#10885, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 6

Whats double posting and whatever it is im sorry. Im new to the board and I dont know the rules. Sorry!! Thanks tho for the responses.

Da0utlawJul-19-02 03:51 PM
Member since Feb 23rd 2002
330 posts,
#10886, "RE: Need to know EVERYTHING about airbags"
In response to Reply # 0

He's probably talking about that you posted twice with similar topics...

http://www.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/1918.html

http://www.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/1924.html

"...You're as dumb as an ox and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride, i say...take it..."
-Abe Simpson to little Homer.

1995 RS
CURRENT MODS:
Iceman CAI//Focuz cat-back exhaust//60mm Jeep TB//OBX short throw shifter//Symborski shift kit

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10878 Previous topic | Next topic