Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10123
View in linear mode

Subject: "18x8" Previous topic | Next topic
HeDogJun-12-02 12:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10123, "18x8"

I just bought rims and I'm wondering about the proper offset for 'em. I asked the guy everything except the offset. The rims are chrome 18x8" Ecko C7's. I plan on putting 225/40R18's on 'em when I get 'em, but what is the offset that the car will allow. I know that stock is 46mm and I also know that our bolt pattern is 5x114.3. Is there anything else that I'm forgetting and/or need to know other than possibly rolling the fenders? Thanks guys.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=879

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Anyone have the offset for these?, HeDog, Jun-13-02 08:13 AM, #1
RE: 18x8, Logic3, Jun-13-02 09:41 AM, #2
RE: 18x8, m_berrow, Jun-14-02 12:56 AM, #3
      RE: 18x8, Amish_Eclipse, Jun-15-02 10:44 AM, #4
           RE: 18x8, thisismygs, Jun-18-02 03:12 AM, #5
           RE: 18x8, Ichiban, Jun-19-02 09:32 AM, #6
                RE: 18x8, TobascoJapan, Jun-19-02 06:36 PM, #7
                     RE: 18x8, FlyinEsi, Jun-21-02 08:23 AM, #8
           THANK YOU AMISH..., Skrilla, Jun-22-02 06:17 AM, #9
                RE: THANK YOU AMISH..., Kory, Jun-24-02 08:52 AM, #10
                     Thanks Guys, HeDog, Jun-24-02 02:50 PM, #11

HeDogJun-13-02 08:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#10124, "Anyone have the offset for these?"
In response to Reply # 0

thx

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Logic3Jun-13-02 09:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1227 posts,
#10125, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 0

>I just bought rims and I'm wondering about the proper offset
>for 'em. I asked the guy everything except the offset. The
>rims are chrome 18x8" Ecko C7's. I plan on putting
>225/40R18's on 'em when I get 'em, but what is the offset
>that the car will allow. I know that stock is 46mm and I
>also know that our bolt pattern is 5x114.3. Is there
>anything else that I'm forgetting and/or need to know other
>than possibly rolling the fenders? Thanks guys.

I was under the impression that the factory offset was 42mm. Not really sure what your question is though. Yes, the bolt pattern is 5x114.3. The stock offset, I belive, is 42mm not 46. 18x8 you may need to roll the fenders but guess you'll just have to wait and see if it rubs once you get them on.

m_berrowJun-14-02 12:56 AM
Member since Feb 19th 2002
268 posts,
#10126, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 2

dude put 245's on there for tires. more traction

GS-N pssssst!

Amish_EclipseJun-15-02 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#10127, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 3

no do NOT put 245's on. try to stay near the original offset. if you get an offfset that's farther off your gonna wear out the wheel bearings alot faster cause of the added pressure.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

thisismygsJun-18-02 03:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
730 posts,
#10128, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 4

WOW! heath's getting wheels. you have probably my favorite car on the board. you make the stock front look aftermarket-like. plys, you were the first one i remember with the ww custom 3-pc spoiler. any pics of the rims you're getting. i remember looking into wheels and i called tirerack.com. they told me the furthest i can go with the offset was 35mm. you DEFINITELY HAVE to roll your fenders with that though.

dgonzalez52@yahoo.com

IchibanJun-19-02 09:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
238 posts,
#10129, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 5

when I put my 18x7's on, I had to trim the rear fender wells. This is with my car lowered 2-3". I used a grinder and electric saw to cut that little lip on the inside. Be sure to mask and spray it with underbody coating so it won't rust. Also, as far as I know, the stock offset is 42mm.

Christian
06 GG IX MR SE
http://www.ichibanracing.com/ is DOWN!! In between hosts.

TobascoJapanJun-19-02 06:36 PM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
60 posts,
#10130, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 6

HUB-RINGS!!!!! rate me please

FlyinEsiJun-21-02 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5187 posts,
#10131, "RE: 18x8"
In response to Reply # 7

Kind of a dumb question, but what is "rolling the fenders"?

Mods:
Alpine CD Deck w/ 6d Changer|2 10" C2 Precision Power Subs|Fosgate 360a2 Amp
Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs|K&N Drop-in Air Cleaner

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac!!"

SkrillaJun-22-02 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#10132, "THANK YOU AMISH..."
In response to Reply # 4

...225 aspect width is all you need PERIOD

LOL

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

KoryJun-24-02 08:52 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#10133, "RE: THANK YOU AMISH..."
In response to Reply # 9

stock offset is 46mm check out more info on vfaq.com

also as long as u arent getting 245s... which will rub way to much even with rolled fenders... u should be ok. also the offest u should be getting is from 46-40... 38 maybe but i wouldnt go much lower than that

96RS ~ full 99GS Special Edit. body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, afx pulley, B&M SS, magecores & NGKs, A/F and Volt guages, Sparco Torino Seat, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, Sony Xplode head, Xplode 10 disk, Boston Components, 2 Kenwood amps, 12" MTX sub, a shit load more.

97GSX ~ 18psi~ Ported/Clipped 15 degrees Frank 2 w/46trim, Ported Exh. housing, Tial 40mm External Wastegate with discharge tube, Ported O2 housing, 3" downpipe, 3" Straight Pipe, Apex N1, fake cat, K&N FIPK, Greddy IC Piping, Type S bov, S-AFC, Profec B, Greddy TT, Slimline Fan, RRE Catch Can, Greddy Big FMIC, ND 660s, Walboro 190lph, ACT 2600 w/street disk, clutch SS line, lighten flywheel, removed cruise control line, Greddy EGT, Coolant, Boost Gauges, motor mount inserts, Magnecor & plugs, greddy oil cap, greddy radiator cap, AEM big brake upgrade w/MM pads, and free mods. To all the haters _|_ tia

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

HeDogJun-24-02 02:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
251 posts,
#10134, "Thanks Guys"
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks Guys I appreciate it. The guy I was going to get my rims from flaked on me & didn't send 'em. F'n eBay deadbeats! So I'll be getting 18x7.5" Chrome Motegi MR7's wrapped in 225/40R18 Kumho Ecsta 712's. I know a lot of guys have the Tantrums, MR7's, Katana C7's, & whatever other make that is the same thing, But personally I think that they're very classy and eye catching. Thanks again guys.

HeDog

'95 Eclipse GS/Turboed

HRC Stage II with FMIC.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #10123 Previous topic | Next topic