Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15794
View in linear mode

Subject: "RMDSM sway bars" Previous topic | Next topic
fasterGSFeb-17-03 07:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15794, "RMDSM sway bars"

Who runs these? How much an improvement are they from stock GS sway bars? Are they worth the price tag if you already have stock sway bars? TIA!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: RMDSM sway bars, DemonEclipse, Feb-18-03 09:13 AM, #1
RE: RMDSM sway bars, 2hot97GS, Feb-18-03 10:33 AM, #2
      RE: RMDSM sway bars, mike_d, Feb-18-03 10:51 AM, #3
           RE: RMDSM sway bars, fasterGS, Feb-18-03 11:25 AM, #4
                RE: RMDSM sway bars, WIKKI, Feb-19-03 07:00 PM, #5
                     RE: RMDSM sway bars, jerseystyle1, Feb-20-03 06:33 PM, #6
                     RE: RMDSM sway bars, fasterGS, Feb-20-03 07:01 PM, #7
                     RE: RMDSM sway bars, Doug96GS, Feb-20-03 08:29 PM, #8
                          RE: RMDSM sway bars, fasterGS, Feb-20-03 08:52 PM, #9
                               RE: RMDSM sway bars, espilcEGS, Feb-21-03 03:22 AM, #10
                                    RE: RMDSM sway bars, jesse, Feb-23-03 12:59 PM, #11
                                         RE: RMDSM sway bars, fasterGS, Feb-23-03 08:07 PM, #12
                                              RE: RMDSM sway bars, DemonEclipse, Feb-25-03 05:55 PM, #13
                                                   RE: RMDSM sway bars, fasterGS, Feb-25-03 06:29 PM, #14
                                                        RE: RMDSM sway bars, SlowEsi, Feb-26-03 03:47 AM, #15
                                                             RE: RMDSM sway bars, DemonEclipse, Feb-26-03 05:20 PM, #16
                                                                  RE: RMDSM sway bars, Fast420A, Feb-27-03 02:36 AM, #17

DemonEclipseFeb-18-03 09:13 AM
Member since Jan 19th 2003
165 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15807, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 0

dam i didnt know GS even came with them stock. The factory isnt that bad though. Id rather spend the money on something else if i already had a factory sway bar

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

2hot97GSFeb-18-03 10:33 AM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15812, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 1

Id rather spend the money on something
>else if i already had a factory sway bar
>

not if you saw how puny the rear one really is. i want a new one.

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

mike_dFeb-18-03 10:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
#15813, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 2

I have a set chillin in my basement right now. Its too bad it'll be a couple more months before i get to test them out (cars in storage for the winter). The best part is I only paid $150 for them on Ebay.

95 Talon ESi-T

fasterGSFeb-18-03 11:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15814, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 3

I'll buy them for 200!

WIKKIFeb-19-03 07:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#15859, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 4

they do change your suspension response. you have to decide if this is something that you want. some people don't like front wheel drive with oversteer.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

jerseystyle1Feb-20-03 06:33 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#15895, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 5

Do they just replace the stock ones? Some how I broke the knukle or joint (not sure what it's called). Anyone know how the hell I broke this?

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

fasterGSFeb-20-03 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#15896, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 6

Not exactly sure what you broke, but yeah the RMDSM ones replace your stock sway bars, they are just thicker. If you are an RS you don't have a rear sway bar though.

Doug96GSFeb-20-03 08:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#15899, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 5

>they do change your suspension response. you have to decide
>if this is something that you want. some people don't like
>front wheel drive with oversteer.

I think you mean understeer right

fasterGSFeb-20-03 08:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#15900, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 8

Well I said screw it and bought a Suspenion Techniques rear sway bar. Its .75" which is bigger than the RMDSM rear bar. It should be here early next week, we will see what it does for me.

espilcEGSFeb-21-03 03:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#15904, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 9

RMDSM bars are worth every penny!!

05 STi

jesseFeb-23-03 12:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#15966, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-23-03 01:01 PM by jesse

>RMDSM bars are worth every penny!!

where can you get them for a decent price? I want some and was going to get them from www.teamert.com but not if I can get them for $200. I don't do the ebay thing though.

-------------------------------

1997 Dodge Avenger - 13.7 @ 105

fasterGSFeb-23-03 08:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#15970, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 11

They are 275 right now through them, thats the best deal I have seen on them unless they are used.

DemonEclipseFeb-25-03 05:55 PM
165 posts,
#16027, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 12

yea, wait, what about front sway bars, do we have them, does my RS have one? they worth it or hard to install?

intake, 2.5 exhaust w/gst muffler, pacesetter header, msd wires, ngk plugs, port and polish throttlebody, front and rear strut bars, 1.5' tenzo springs, 17" primax rims, kuhmo tires, leather interior, gsx sideskirts, BM shortshifter, GM fluid in trans...

fasterGSFeb-25-03 06:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#16028, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 13

Yes you do have a front sway bar, its 3/4". The RMDSM front bar is just a tad bigger, and the suspension techniques is the same size as stock. I haven't decided yet if I even want to replace the front since it is a decent size anyway.

SlowEsiFeb-26-03 03:47 AM
Member since Jan 24th 2003
104 posts,
#16033, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 14

Could you just take the rear sway bar(and all required mounting equipment for an RS) off a Tsi/GS-T in a junk yard?

DemonEclipseFeb-26-03 05:20 PM
165 posts,
#16056, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 15

yah, u can, i heard even the stuff from avengers and sebrings is all the same too

Fast420AFeb-27-03 02:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#16061, "RE: RMDSM sway bars"
In response to Reply # 16

http://www.rernetworking.com/rmdsm/stabilizerbars.html#specs

Order the AWD set so you get a 20.6 mm in the front and back.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15794 Previous topic | Next topic