Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #828
View in linear mode

Subject: "were there any problems at the shootout?" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Aug-15-06 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#828, "were there any problems at the shootout?"

I didn't stay out as late this year, so I didn't see much, but from the Bushcur message board it seems 48 people were arrested out there. Did anyone even see the cops break up any rowdy behavior or anything like that? I can't see anyone who saw anything crazy going on (except fireworks, hard to miss that)

I'm just trying to figure out where the problems were, since I can't figure out where

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

broodmillAug-15-06 05:59 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2006
11 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#829, "RE: were there any problems at the shootout?"
In response to Reply # 0

drinking on public property
arby's called the cops out if anyone stepped foot on their property. it was ok to drink in the hotel property, but not off it. i know there were a few from people leaving the hotels with open containers.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Aug-15-06 06:06 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#830, "RE: were there any problems at the shootout?"
In response to Reply # 1

Ya people were considered "arrested". They were simply taken into custody and given a fine from what I remember. They were promptly released and sent back to where they were. The worst incident I heard about was the burnouts that trucks and v8's did in the old ponderosa parking lot. Other than that I think most people behaved themselves.

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

dalesmitsuAug-16-06 01:07 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#864, "RE: were there any problems at the shootout?"
In response to Reply # 2

So, will there be another shootout for 07'. ??????

TeamDR1665Aug-16-06 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#865, "RE: were there any problems at the shootout?"
In response to Reply # 3

I've been following this issue closely and it seems that Dave Buschur is having a meeting with the NRP officials and Norwalk Chief of Police about things this year. Moreso, it sounds like the city of Norwalk is making the DSM community the scapegoat for all the shit that happens during the year at other events. Even local Mustang guys told DSMers that we're nothing compared to when they come to town, but given the same issues, the sport compacts will get more static for it than the domestics would.

This year's shootout was very well-behaved and, aside from a few glitches (the Canadians assumed fireworks were legal due to the shop selling them, just as they are in Canada), the Shootout attendees were very well-behaved. It's not our call, nor is it Dave's, but the people of Norwalk's.

No worries. There will be an event one way or another, I'm sure. Dave will not let us all down.

wite96gsAug-16-06 04:53 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
#868, "RE: were there any problems at the shootout?"
In response to Reply # 4

I was one of the unlucky few who got "detained" for having an open container.

I had been at the hotel for about 10-15 mintues, just opened up my first beer, stepped about 5 feet into the neighboring parking lot to see a few fellow 2GNT'ers, and WHAM! This fat fucker in red Ford Fuckus hauls ass around the corner and proceeds to be an absolute douche.

Don't get me wrong, I understand those laws are in place for a good reason. I just think he could have at least given me warning or something considering the circumstances and the lack of severity of the incursion.

I hope they enjoy their OT checks this month.

Regardless of what happened there this year, I am DEFINITELY going next year!

-----------
the first solution that comes to mind for any new problem with my car usually involves a can of bad gas and a match...

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #828 Previous topic | Next topic