Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #755
View in linear mode

Subject: "I had a BLAST" Previous topic | Next topic
BlackMagicAug-14-06 07:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#755, "I had a BLAST"
Aug-14-06 07:23 PM by BlackMagic

Just wanted to say that This was the best time I've had all summer. It was great finally meeting everybody and getting wasted 3 nights in a row. You guys kick ass. By the way, who has the pictures of everyone doing the bong. I know we got a good one of Terry opening the valve up too fast, post it all up!

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: I had a BLAST, TeamDR1665, Aug-15-06 01:30 AM, #1
RE: I had a BLAST, Dualgen2, Aug-15-06 02:43 AM, #2
      RE: I had a BLAST, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-15-06 04:44 AM, #3
           RE: I had a BLAST, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-15-06 05:09 AM, #4
                RE: I had a BLAST, Aggression, Aug-15-06 05:19 AM, #5
RE: I had a BLAST, rbscoobie, Aug-15-06 05:29 AM, #6
RE: I had a BLAST, Moderatormicyek, Aug-15-06 05:48 AM, #7
      RE: I had a BLAST, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Aug-15-06 06:30 AM, #8
           RE: I had a BLAST, ashaleenicole, Aug-15-06 07:20 AM, #9
                RE: I had a BLAST, TeamMichael_97RS, Aug-15-06 08:14 AM, #10
                RE: I had a BLAST, broodmill, Aug-15-06 12:43 PM, #15
                RE: I had a BLAST, 97eclipse97, Aug-15-06 08:27 AM, #11
                     RE: I had a BLAST, Moderatorxcasbonx, Aug-15-06 08:39 AM, #12
                     RE: I had a BLAST, TeamDR1665, Aug-15-06 09:43 AM, #13
                     RE: I had a BLAST, BDTalon, Aug-15-06 10:00 AM, #14

TeamDR1665Aug-15-06 01:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#764, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm going to be getting the footage onto a hard drive at run4cvr's place this week and then I'll be putting the movie together. Should be awesome. While I was bumped from flight to flight tonight, I watched some of the footage. I was laughing out load in the airport. Some good shit.

Some highlights - things that came out particularly well, imo

- Shep's 7.95 run from behind him at the tree.
- The SoVa beer bong - "Excelsior!"
- grain getting cack and balls on his face
- Aggression getting cack and balls on his face
- grain clowning Aggression for having cack and balls on his face afterwards (these last three being one, continuous scene)
- Dino explains MSnS

Still have to go through the other videos, but I have footage of all three 2GNTers on the dyno, Todd running at NRP (both in his car and Tony's Evo), Chicago caravan footage, and likely more damning footage of Thura. One thing I am looking forward to, though, is Shark Bait Running Man. That, in my opinion, was Jeremy's finest hour.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dualgen2Aug-15-06 02:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3726 posts,
#767, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 1

I had a really good time and I'm glad after 5+ years on here, I finally met a lot of you guys. One of the biggest highlights was Tony's putting down 280AWHP on his EVO w/ barely any mods. Of course seeing Dino, Driggs, Mike, SOVA guys and everyone all shitty was very entertaining also. Big thanks to Andrew for getting Matt wasted and sick all over our room. I hadn't even met him before but the shootout offically started for me when I saw Andrew pulled in the parking lot from our hotel window. Thanks to Corbin and Matt (soulcontroller) for hanging out at the track w/ us. Sorry we lost you Corbin but Matt has no rear view mirror and his side mirrors vibrate a lot so I could barely tell if there was a car or a semi behind me.
For me the highlight at the track was seeing AMS's EVO launching in the burnout box and spinning all 4 tires and then having no traction at all in 3rd gear. I had seen Shep's car run before, but it's gotten at least a full second faster since I last saw him run locally. I had a blast driving Matt's 1G. For a silly fast car, that thing isn't bad to drive 800+ miles at all. Hope to see all of you guys again next year!!!

2009 Corolla S - waiting until 2012 for my next toy!
*SOLD* 1992 3000GT VR4 - pearl white and 45,6xx miles!
*SOLD* 2007 Subaru Legacy GT sedan
*SOLD* 95 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - BPU
*SOLD* 97 Eclipse GS Star Stage 2

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-15-06 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#772, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-15-06 06:03 AM by xcasbonx

Hell yeah this weeekend was a blast. It was nice being able to put a face to peoples names/screennames.

Anyone who doesn't remember me, I was the quiet guy who hardly ever said a word. I just don't talk much, always been that way.

I've got some pictures taken as well that I will be uploading later today. I'll post them up with a link when I'm done.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

TeamMichael_97RSAug-15-06 05:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#773, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by xcasbonx
I was the quiet guy who hardly ever said a word.

Yeah and there was no cactus stuck in your arm this year to draw attention to yourself.

This weekend definately was a blast! I have to say that the Amerihost is the new home of 2GNT.

Exile Racing Technologies
http://www.exileracing.com
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.

AggressionAug-15-06 05:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3025 posts,
#776, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 4

Yah it was really great to finally meet everyone at last. Good times and I really look forward to next year already.

I finally got Thura to admit how bad they really clown my ass on this forum...FUCKERS!!!

--------------------

- 05 Subaru STi
- 97 eclipse gs (289whp w/ 276tq)

rbscoobieAug-15-06 05:29 AM
Member since Aug 15th 2006
9 posts,
#777, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 0

I had a blast hangin' out with everyone. Decided I will join the forum today. You guys are a great group of people and definately are next to none in my books. You guys rock.

Sean

ModeratormicyekAug-15-06 05:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
#783, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 6

You SOVA guys are cool dudes...glad to meet you all.

good times.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonAug-15-06 06:30 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#788, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 7
Aug-15-06 06:31 AM by Star Turbo Talon

I will say i left the Amerihost monday morning feeling like i was leaving family behind. You guys really are some of the best friends one person could have. Cant wait for next year.

ashaleenicoleAug-15-06 07:20 AM
Member since Sep 15th 2003
608 posts,
#794, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 8

Every year that I leave I almost cry pulling out of the parking lot. You guys are like family. Thanks for all still being nice to me after I made an ass out of myself on Saturday night, lol.

I wrote a blog to you guys

http://blog.myspace.com/ashaleenicole

www.myspace.com/ashaleenicole

98 RS-T* A/T Hahn 16g on a fully built motor
98 GS* 5-spd Stock Daily Driver

Let's goooo mountaineers!

TeamMichael_97RSAug-15-06 08:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#796, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by ashaleenicole
Every year that I leave I almost cry pulling out of the parking lot. You guys are like family. Thanks for all still being nice to me after I made an ass out of myself on Saturday night, lol. I wrote a blog to you guys http://blog.myspace.com/ashaleenicole

It's tradition, we all have to make an ass of ourself at least once. Believe me I know... or at least I was told...

Exile Racing Technologies
http://www.exileracing.com
Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.

broodmillAug-15-06 12:43 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2006
11 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#811, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by Michael_97RS
Originally posted by ashaleenicole Every year that I leave I almost cry pulling out of the parking lot. You guys are like family. Thanks for all still being nice to me after I made an ass out of myself on Saturday night, lol. I wrote a blog to you guys http://blog.myspace.com/ashaleenicole
It's tradition, we all have to make an ass of ourself at least once. Believe me I know... or at least I was told... Exile Racing Technologies http://www.exileracing.com Go that way, really fast, if something gets in your way... turn.

I don't know you made so much of an ass of yourself this year Mike, but pink does fit you well.

You weren't even drinking, but it was amusing nonetheless... sorry, but I had to edit this clip out just for you.
http://goonspace.com/2gnt/prettyinpink.WMV (542K)

It was good to be the last ones standing Saturday night, or well, Sunday, however you want to look at it. I still don't think you drank enough.

97eclipse97Aug-15-06 08:27 AM
Member since Jul 29th 2003
695 posts,
#797, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 9

Well I had a great time as well, even though I blew my motor in upstate NY. It was ok though, as I drove a 600+ whp galant (3575) about 450 miles back home. Still had some race gas in it as well (It was the one that ran 11.3's in DSE, but it was not running right...)

Time for a 6-bolt!

Who can't wait for next year already?

'95 GSX - New motor/turbo going in...
'95 TSi AWD - For sale...buy me!
'03.5 MazdaSpeed Protege - Stock daily driver
'97 CBR 600 - Purple is a real man's color

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-15-06 08:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#800, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 11
Aug-15-06 08:44 AM by xcasbonx

Well here are my pics. Enjoy.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/v341/stealth03/Shootout%202006/

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

TeamDR1665Aug-15-06 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#801, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Well here are my pics.

Tradition!

BDTalonAug-15-06 10:00 AM
Member since Jun 08th 2005
153 posts,
#802, "RE: I had a BLAST"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by 97eclipse97
Who can't wait for next year already?

I.

Originally posted by 420a-Tnthewerks
AAHHHHHH it's the Bomex table top and bench deluxe! Get the holy wrench we need to purify..

Top Team 2GNT Community Old Shootout Forums 2006 DSM Shootout topic #755 Previous topic | Next topic